NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members

I watched everything from Cody/Juice onwards. Maybe I'm just not used to it but I loved watching Shibata and Goto beat the shit out of each other. In fact, I liked every match I saw, with Naito/Tanahashi and Okada/Omega being fantastic. I know I'll probably not watch any more NJPW until next years WK, but I enjoyed it.

• Paid Members

Meltzer and VOW lot are saying Omega still has a year on his deal. It's Mike Johnson/PWInsider who is saying it runs out 31st Jan.

I'd only trust PWinsider to give me Spyware and TNA spin, not real stories. Think Omega is working us.

• Paid Members

Meltzer and VOW lot are saying Omega still has a year on his deal.

Not exactly. Meltzer says he KNOWS his current contract expires 31st Jan and also that he has been told that he has another year (on a new contract)- but he doesn't know that part for sure.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

WWE should do something like the New Japan Battle Royal. And not the shitty Andre thing. 20/30 old blokes given entrances and quick eliminations. You can do it in the pre-show which seems to last about 9 hours anyway. You could bring down Typhoon and Papa Shango and shite like that if you wanted to, then have someone half decent win it in the end. Its like the perfect warm up for the main card. The worst thing is, this year I guarantee all these Andre Battle Royalers will be wearing red and blue t-shirts as well.

Or put it on the main show and have Mick Foley or Scott Hall or even Hogan or someone immobile who can just throw someone out win it. Just give them an entrance and a little pop.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

The New Japan Rumble was a bit shit but great entertainment, I'd love for WWE to rip it off at Mania.

Watched the rest of the card and thoroughly enjoyed it. KUSHIDA/Takahashi and Naito/Tanahashi were both great bouts though I've had some tell me they preferred those matches to the main event which I find utterly bonkers.

Oh and that girl in the bunny mask... damn.

Oh and that girl in the bunny mask... damn.

Yeah...Who is that? Mamma Mia indeed!

Loved the whole WK event, and caught some of "New Years Dash" as well. The Omega/Okada match didn't get going until the middle part, for me at least, but I did love that finishing section of the match. Omega looked fantastic in everything he did, and Okada was good as well.

Looking forward to see where NJPW go from here, with the New Years Dash set up as well. G1 and NJ cup will be good as well hopefully.

• Paid Members

When I try to stream NJPW world off my tablet onto my TV with an HDMI cable it won't let me. Anyone know any way around this?

There's an NJPW World app in the Google Play store (possibly iPad too.) All it seems to do is open the site in your browser but might be worth trying in case it does something with digital rights management.