NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members

I always liked Callis on commentary in ECW, thought he added good value. He calmed Joey Styles down quite a bit too, gave decent insight and his voice isn't whining or grating. Thinking about it, I think the Canadian accent makes for a decent commentary voice.

Kenny Omega got him the job. Callis (oddly) actually hunted down a tweet I did to Kenny Omega where I said "never stop trying to get Cyrus hired" and replied to me this morning saying "he didnt and now its official."

Cant help but think in some ways I am to thank for this ...

I'll say it then - Thank You

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just heard this about injury to Tomoaki Honma NJPW not sure which show though.

We're getting word that NJPW star Tomoaki Honma was unresponsive to doctors following a rope hung ddt from Jado. Apparently during the setup of the move, Honma was unable to get his footing correct, leading to the injury.

According to Top Rope Press, Honma was able to speak to doctors but could feel nothing from the neck down. There is no official word from NJPW yet on the extent of his injuries.

According to NJPW, Honma injured his cervical vertebrae & along with Makabe, won't be working the March 6th show. They had been booked to challenge Yano & Ishii for the tag belts. The report doesn't currently seem to suggest they're expecting him to be out for too long. Kojima & Tenzan will take their place as #1 contenders...yawn.

Tiger Mask W is Ibushi again?

Why on earth is he pissing about as an anime character there? This really bothers me.

I'll still check the show as I really wanna see Shibata against Sabre Jr. for the RevPro title

Edited by sj5522