NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members

I'm mildly curious to see the Omega match, with all the "best match ever" hype, but can't justify subscribing to a service for a single match. My usual torrent place isn't delivering, can anyone help me out?

There's some good versions of it on YouTube. As well as the Naito vs Tanahashi match

Great show (it's all on dailymotion if you're still looking)

Thought Okada vs Omega was great, not the greatest match ever, not even the best match on the card. Tanahashi vs Naito was my favourite match, absolutely loved it and enjoyed it so much. Tanahashi is so great.

Having watched all of Wrestle Kingdom I think I enjoyed the Tanahashi Vs Naito match more then Okada Vs Omega, both were really good matches but just liked the psychology of the Tanahashi Vs Naito match, Okada Vs Omega just seemed a bit of a spot fest to me, one guy hits a move, the other guy hits a move etc, just my personal preference.

The finish of Naito Tana let it down. The dodgy count followed by an agonisingly awkward and slow Destino just sucked the wind of the ending. Naito isn't yet made, but he's this fxxxing close.

Also, with Almas in NXT, Los Ingobernables de WWE in the future?

Okada vs Omega was very good, but watching this out of the context of Omega's rise and the feud with Okada (eg the table apparently hearkened back to an earlier match), it was harder to see it as more than a very good new Strong-Style main event. I also think I'd have missed tons of detail if Corino and Kelly hadn't been drawing attention to certain selling and going generally mental at the end. There were women crying in the stands, but it felt more like it was for the making of Omega than anything.

Also, a spitting spot in all three of the main matches?

Edited by CavemanLynn

Also, a spitting spot in all three of the main matches?

I remember thinking this too. Spitting should be Naito's thing and nobody else tbh. I can't remember who did the Benoit nostril-snuff thing but...yucky...forgivable if it was Naito though

It was an amazing match. I knew the result going in but I got so absorbed in the action I completely forgot and bought into Omega's nearfalls. And those knees! That backdrop spot! The Golden Star moonsault into the crowd! Yeah, I loved it.

Best match ever? I don't know. To me, it's HBK vs. Taker at WM25. This was a completely different style than I'm used to, and I'm invested in HBK and Taker as characters from years of watching them, whereas before this match I could have walked past Omega and Okada in the street and not known who they were. Fantastic match though, and beats the 2 matches I thought were the best of 2016- Zayn vs. Nakamura and Cena vs AJ at Summerslam. It'll take some beating for 2017 MOTY.

I'll check out the rest of the WK11 card, if I like it enough NJPW World might have gotten themselves a new subscriber after all.

Has Naito always used the Destino as his finisher? It looked so sloppy everytime he hit it on Tanahashi

I think the G1 of 2015 was when he first started using it. Before that he used the Stardust Press, which is a top rope twisting flippy finisher. He rightly stopped doing it when he turned heel. He just gets "it".

The finish of Naito Tana let it down. The dodgy count followed by an agonisingly awkward and slow Destino just sucked the wind of the ending. Naito isn't yet made, but he's this fxxxing close.

Also, with Almas in NXT, Los Ingobernables de WWE in the future?

I'm mega-biased in favour of Naito and Tana is the best worker of the last ten years, so I'll pit it down to them selling fatigue.....I'm clutching at straws there. I'd argue that Naito was made with his title win in April. The crowd reaction for him before, during and after the match where he takes the belt from Okada is incredible. For my money LIJ are the hottest thing in wrestling right now.

And I'm not having a pop at anyone, but why does everyone think it would be great to see NJ guys end up in WWE? I'm not denying WWE, at the top end is the best paying company, biggest brand and an attractive place to work for a professional wrestler. It might be a bit selfish, but as a fan I love watching wrestlers at their best and, AJ being the exception, I don't think WWE is the best at bringing that out of guys. Nakamura has done a great job winning the US audience over but debut match aside, I don't think he's produced anywhere near the matches that he is capable of.

Nakamura is the one Japanese guy I wanted to give Stateside a real go so I was delighted at that news, and AJ speaks for himself as a talent who should be at the very top. Any other Japanese wrestler I don't really want the E to get their grubby mits on - though them trading KENTA who I can't see making an impact for Ishii or someone would be pretty class.

as for the gaijin, I want Omega to stay and build his name as one of the top 4 before appearing in WWE, and I think that's how it will go. I really want the Young Bucks to go as I think WWE asap will tone down all the superkick party overkill and just focus on them as cool, charismatic wrestlers with a big name. no one else stands out as really being a great fit for WWE right now, Elgin for NXT maybe but he's in his element in Japan.

It's ROH that's gonna get big hits though, Cole and O'Reilly both apparently bound for there. Cole is a no-brainer and should excel, O'Reilly would have to put in serious character work to not get lost in the shuffle though. Jay Lethal people have been talking about for ages and that's got to be only a matter of time. If the Briscoes ever leave there (which I think they could be amazing in WWE if they wanted) it'll be a sad sad day for the company. It doesn't seem that long ago at all  Cole and O'Reilly were the young-blood, the future of ROH