NJPW World

Sphinx

Only part way through the 6th March show. Tenzan & Kojima looked more fired up than I've seen them in quite a while. I wouldn't go as far as saying that I was impressed, but certainly a significant improvement + Shibata/ZSJ was a cracking little match until the interference.

New Japan Cup's underway. Just thought I'd mention that.

I was & still am going to ask if anyone knows what's happening with Yoshitatsu? Until his return to New Japan, I'd only seen a handful of his matches and they were all pre-WWE. No idea how he went on there. I know AJ put him out for a long time and assumed he was being brought back gradually & would eventually be one of the bigger names on their roster. I see he's been packed off to CMLL and at 39 (I thought he was 3 or 4 years younger), it doesn't look like he's going to get any sort of push. Did the injury do for him?

Edited by KingofSports

OK. I never was sure why WWE signed him. He was a work in progress when I first watched him around '04 & I remember him giving Nakamura a decent match, but I couldn't point to anything else particularly memorable. He looked like he was going to be a decent strong-style worker. He was just a black trunks and kickpads guy at the time.

Nagata, stoned again.

6e6e7e537624000.jpg

When I drifted back into watching New Japan last year, Yoshitatsu was the leader of some strange group called Bullet Club Hunters. And he started to wear black trunks & do the Pedigree as his finisher to replicate Triple H. He even tagged with Billy Gunn in the Tag League tournament. No idea if this was a slur or homage to Triple H, just bizarre why they would do this, especially with Tatsu who should have only really been in the Juniors.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't most of the matches on every NJPW card this year been tag matches.

I have this feeling Shibata is beating Okada.

Yeah. The 'Road To(s)' & other lesser shows tend to be even more tag-heavy. I was hoping for something a little different for this event, what with the new name 'n' all. Hey-ho. Hopefully Shibata does knock Okada off his perch, for a time at least. I'm done with his 43 minute snoozeathons.

• 3 weeks later...