NJPW World

Sphinx

Best of the Super Juniors announced

Block A: Takahashi, Ospreay, Richochet, Scurll, Liger,Taka, Dragon Lee and sadly Taichi.

Block B: Bushi, Volador Jr, Desperado, Taguchi, Tiger Mask, ACH, Kushida and Kanemaru.

Taichi seriously screws up Block A, he is abysmal but sadly I feel they may give him a few wins. I would like to see Liger vs Takahashi and Ospreay vs Takahashi. Seeing Taka in some of these matches sounds fun also.

In B there is some Bushi matches I would like to see and also many a Kushida matches.

I think this will either be a further lead to Takahashi's dominance in the division or Kushida's come back.

Block A for the BOSJ is manic. Going to predict an Ospreay/Kushida final.

Genuinely, the only matches in that group I don't want to see is anything involving Taichi, and Ospreay/Ricochet part 7539. Scurll being included is a really good move as well, his style of wrestling might not particularly get over, but he's utterly dripping with charisma and he's 100% mastered his gimmick.

Damn Wtf, Scurll in Japan! 

Am I the only one who quite likes Taichi? I'll rephrase that, am I the only one who loves Taichi's entrance? 

I don't think I'd be down on Taichi if he wasn't part of Suzuki-Gun. It's been a long time since I've wanted a group of wrestlers to collectively fuck off out of a company.

Watched the show live last night and my instant gut feeling midway through the Ishii/Omega match was this was easily in the 5 star bracket, it just had that raw feel (not the shitty Monday version). From start to finish that was way better I thought than Okada/Omega from January, easily. Ishii deserves a massive pat on the back because he gave Kenny everything to go off of laying out that match. The transitions flowed epically and made this my match of the year thus far.

Good God how brilliant is New Japan at the minute. I fucking love it, each and every event feels so epic, the top matches so significant. The build up promo packages are quality, i literally don't understand a word but i sense the importance of it. 

And a word for Okada, there can be no doubting this guy, in recent months he has faced marafuji, Omega, Suzuki, Shibata and now Fale, each time knocking it miles out of the fucking park. Whilst some say Omega or Tanahashi are the best in the world this man is the glue holding it all together. They are regularly trumping previous attendances at buildings, Okada is proving what a draw and champion he is. 

In short, i loved this show, and at the moment by a distance New Japan would be the one promotion id rescue and take with me in the proverbial fire. Fantastic.

• Paid Members
On 2017-5-3 at 9:21 PM, sj5522 said:

Damn Wtf, Scurll in Japan! 

To be fair that's been a matter of time for ages given New Japan, ROH and Rev:Pro are all in bed together, Ospreay will have put the word in, possibly Nakamura and AJ will have let the office (Gedo/Jado) know how good he is back in 2015 after their matches etc. Plus his match with Takahashi at High Stakes was fairly on the nose as a final audition, for me.

Just to counterbalance 'undercover elephant's' views on Omega v Ishii...and with no intention of being 'controversial'; I didn't enjoy it. Not horrible, but way, way short of the best from either of them. I've yet to see the IWGP Title match, but it'll have to be amazing to rescue what otherwise turned out to be a mediocre show. So mediocre, that with only 2 matches remaining on the card, Taguchi had been the highlight.

What on earth is going on with Tenzan's ankle / foot? Really quite disturbing. Has it always been like that? Only noticed it recently.

Edited by KingofSports

2 hours ago, KingofSports said:

Just to counterbalance 'undercover elephant's' views on Omega v Ishii...and with no intention of being 'controversial'; I didn't enjoy it. Not horrible, but way, way short of the best from either of them. I've yet to see the IWGP Title match, but it'll have to be amazing to rescue what otherwise turned out to be a mediocre show. So mediocre, that with only 2 matches remaining on the card, Taguchi had been the highlight.

What on earth is going on with Tenzan's ankle / foot? Really quite disturbing. Has it always been like that? Only noticed it recently.

Agree on Omega/Ishii, much prefered the NJC Match. Suzuki/Goto was the best match of the tour for me.

Never noticed Tenzan's foot problem but looked back at Genesis and another show from this year and same there. odd

Honma's still in hospital

Not New Japan news but there's no puro thread. Takayama suffered a serious injury last night at a DDT show. translated as cervical spinal cord injury and degenerative cervical spondylosis :(

Edited by ultimo the great

Sorry to learn of Takayama's injury. He should've retired ages ago. He's been a shadow of his former self for years and sadly another case of someone damaging his legacy by continuing, imo.

Can't remember which of Tenzan's feet is the dodgy one, but it looks really bad. The guys having to walk on the outside of it. It's absolutely bizarre. First off, I was wondering if he'd had a prosthesis fitted until I got the full view. Surely he can't carry on like that. He needs a built-up boot or something.

- edit -

these don't really do it justice. It looks worse in reality.

915aaa547282346.jpg c247e5547282358.jpg

Edited by KingofSports
add's

40 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Bad news about Takayama, seemingly a bad year in Japan for injuries. Any idea what caused the injury?

Really shitty year. Honma, Shibata, Akebono now this. bad looking injury in mexico too last night. not heard how it happened.

Random thought. Ibushi's a complete waste of space as Tiger Mask W. His stock is falling in my eyes. Then again, I don't get to see whatever he's doing elsewhere or even know what that might be. Apparently, Sayama's training a new Tiger Mask, which could be a good thing. Kanemoto was the last one worthy of the name.