The Health and Fitness Thread

ShortOrderCook

In general, if you are underweight you'll sweat less. There's less of you to overheat and thus less for your body to cool.

It's why underweight people typically really feel the cold, and overweight people will feel the heat.

I sweat like a fucking prick. But not nearly as much as I used to.

2 hours ago, Ralphy said:

Few questions

Are ab rollers worth the money? i do not get on with regular sit ups or planks

Why don't i sweat much during my workouts? i put a fair bit of effort it and i do enjoy sweating, it makes me feel like i am doing good but i just don't sweat much, some people are drenched in sweat in 5 mins but i just don't seem to! Another frustration is that i don't feel any better for exercise, i don't get any endoprhins 

Ted Dibiase....Id say push the boat out for the ab roller as they start from ÂŁ5

Well, good news on the first one, but that TB is proving hard to beat  :(

Apparently 1/3 of the world's population have TB!  So you're in good company.

1 minute ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Well done on beating cancer Keith.  

I was so brave and didn't need Ian Botham to do a walk for me.

Yeah it's a bit shit, like having your car nicked but on the plus side they didn't burn it out after running someone over.

• Paid Members

Delighted to hear it's benign, Keith! Obviously, the TB bit is rubbish, but some good news in there on balance. Hope the TB goes away (I have no idea how that works or how you get better from TB? Is it medication? Or something you just have to wait out?) and you're on the road to recovery soon!

• Paid Members

Sheamus has a Youtube channel were he does a training session with a different superstar every ep. It's tons off fun. 

Not knocking him but very strange to see a powerhouse like Sheamus struggle with a 100kg on bench press. Guessing the horrific traveling and working hours really knocks you out. Worth watching the 1 he fails, with Sasha Banks. 

Gives a great insight if your into that kinda thing.

Edited by Fox Piss

1 hour ago, mim731 said:

Delighted to hear it's benign, Keith! Obviously, the TB bit is rubbish, but some good news in there on balance. Hope the TB goes away (I have no idea how that works or how you get better from TB? Is it medication? Or something you just have to wait out?) and you're on the road to recovery soon!

It's medicated, I had TB in 2001 and it has hung around since.  However, it was in my lung last time and could be in my lymph nodes this time, which is better as my lungs have more holes than the plot of The Dark Knight.

• Paid Members

I'm actually a full stone lighter than I thought I was. I think when I weighed myself at 20.6 stone, I hadn't long eaten plus I sometimes get very bad swelling (lots of water retention) in my legs, which I think added to it. So, it's not quite as bad as I thought, but I still need to lose at least 5 stone.

So I've been suffering with the old haemmorhoids recently. I've had it several times before, but it seems to be a bit more persistent than it's been in the past. The usual stuff isn't doing the trick, and painkillers aren't taking the edge off. It's like being constantly stabbed in the bumhole, with the occasional extra aftershock shooting up one side of my body. And going for a shite is an absolute thrill ride beyond your wildest dreams...

Anyone else been there? I guess I'm looking for sympathy (wrong place, I know) and/or possible remedies. I've been trying to avoid going to the docs (not out of embarrassment, I'd just feel bad for making someone root around down there), but it's increasingly looking like it might be on the cards for Monday.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

So I've been suffering with the old haemmorhoids recently. I've had it several times before, but it seems to be a bit more persistent than it's been in the past. The usual stuff isn't doing the trick, and painkillers aren't taking the edge off. It's like being constantly stabbed in the bumhole, with the occasional extra aftershock shooting up one side of my body. And going for a shite is an absolute thrill ride beyond your wildest dreams...

Anyone else been there? I guess I'm looking for sympathy (wrong place, I know) and/or possible remedies. I've been trying to avoid going to the docs (not out of embarrassment, I'd just feel bad for making someone root around down there), but it's increasingly looking like it might be on the cards for Monday.

Go to the doctors, and let them have a good long look at your bum hole. Just get it done, this sort of thing happens The momentary embarrassment was significantly better than the catastrophic arse pain I was experiencing before. 

Edited by Gus Mears

"Catastrophic" is a good word for it. It really does get quite painful indeed! It eased off over the last couple of days so I was hoping I was in the clear, but it came back with a vengeance today after a slightly tricky toilet time this morning. They don't do a weekend walk-in at the doctors so I'll have to put up with until Monday now. I've had troubles in the past so I'm used to having someone rummage around down there, but the idea of them disturbing something that's already painful as fuck isn't exactly something to look forward to. Then again, I probably can't go on much longer constantly popping off to the bog to apply cold wet toilet paper to my ringpiece because that's the only thing that soothes it for a few seconds.