The Health and Fitness Thread

5 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Yes it really digs in. I still have no idea on its actual weight. My back seems fine and the weight is pulling my posture into a much better line. 

8 red house bricks, I do check the bag before don’t fancy that hitting the back of my ankles 

A quick Google says

You can expect an average brick weight to be about 5 pounds (2.27 kg) for a standard red clay brick. The standard size measures to be 8-inch by 2 1/4-inch by 4-inch

8 is just over 18kg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was me on 15th March. Ashamed to admit - 24st 2lbs. This is now. 17st 2lbs. Still a long way to go but I'm up for the challenge!

Me again. Had an eye on today as it's 1 year since my first weigh in at MvF. This is the result. 108lbs. A bit proud of myself, mostly embarrassed at what a fat cunt I was. Still, onwards and not outw

After years of hearing like a Roman emperor I had the sudden realization that I was the fattest person in most rooms. At only 5'7 I weighed nearly 20 stone. I was virtually a perfect sphere. Earl

Posted Images

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Yes it really digs in. I still have no idea on its actual weight. My back seems fine and the weight is pulling my posture into a much better line. 

8 red house bricks, I do check the bag before don’t fancy that hitting the back of my ankles 

I use the same bag for arm curls, at some stage I will buy some scales. 

my fear is I weigh in don’t drop what I think I have and give up. Safer to keep going adding a brick a week and weigh it all at the end 

Edited by quote the raven
  • Paid Members

I fixed up my bike so been out riding a couple of times. Did 15k last night over the Humber Bridge and back. Came back up hill into the wind. Absolute torture. Also discovered Health app automatically tracks runs and walks so that's been useful. I'm up about 9lbs since start of lockdown, which is a minor miracle given I've eaten nothing but shite. Trying to get back into gear now.

1151568782_Screenshot_20200417-185623_SamsungHealth.thumb.jpg.c8113a96323a82cf757e4a7278fe6dd0.jpg

Screenshot_20200420-192939_Samsung Health.jpg

I’ve been going for a walk most mornings and using Strava to record my activity, doing the route below as if I was driving it so that I don’t get tempted to short cut. I’m happy enough with the distance but I’m calling bullshit on that calorie count

NrFckzO.jpg

• Paid Members

@tiger_rick cycling uphill is torture at the best of times. Into the wind is murder. Well done on getting it done. Cycling downhill is great fun. Gives with one hand. Takes away with the other.

• Paid Members

One of the few enjoyable upsides to this period of lockdown, is I have rediscovered my joy of running (as my socially distanced government mandated outdoor exercise of choice).  Had intended to try and do 3-4k three times a week, and while I'm still only going out three times a week, I've logged nearly thirty miles in the past two weeks (albeit very slowly).

It won't likely offset the amount of beer and easter eggs I've been eating, but it's been great for my mental health.  It has also been great for getting me up early and out of the house before starting work and giving some extra structure to my week. 

11 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’ve been going for a walk most mornings and using Strava to record my activity, doing the route below as if I was driving it so that I don’t get tempted to short cut. I’m happy enough with the distance but I’m calling bullshit on that calorie count

NrFckzO.jpg

Great work! Can't beat a good walk the calorie thing is bs indeed, it doesn't take into account many factors including if you go up or downhill and body fat to muscle ratio which are big factors. Im a fan of early morning walks of around 5 miles on empty stomach, its good for metabolism and body fat. I have 3 spoons of coffee in one cup black, and a green tea capsule to help with energy and to further help body fat burn. 

I do my resistence bands and push ups and squats on empty most of the time too, burn some fat and try to lean out a bit, well, if hobnobs and coco pops didn't exist then maybe I would! 

I tend to eat between 7.30am and 6pm to allow for digestion

1 hour ago, Ralphy said:

I tend to eat between 7.30am and 6pm to allow for digestion

Surely you don't need to worry about digestion when a herd of cows will seemingly kick the shit out of you anyway. 

• Paid Members

Blew my knee out yesterday cleaning fucking windows. Twisted and left the leg behind will have to stop my routine for a few days now.

Was upto 6 miles with backpack of bricks to. I think I have lost anywhere between 1 and 2 stone