The Health and Fitness Thread

• Paid Members

The garden 3k became a 4k tonight. Pretty sure people have run marathons faster than the time it took me but did it without stopping so pretty pleased.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was me on 15th March. Ashamed to admit - 24st 2lbs. This is now. 17st 2lbs. Still a long way to go but I'm up for the challenge!

Me again. Had an eye on today as it's 1 year since my first weigh in at MvF. This is the result. 108lbs. A bit proud of myself, mostly embarrassed at what a fat cunt I was. Still, onwards and not outw

After years of hearing like a Roman emperor I had the sudden realization that I was the fattest person in most rooms. At only 5'7 I weighed nearly 20 stone. I was virtually a perfect sphere. Earl

Posted Images

• Paid Members

Got a text today from my doctor about the bloods she took yesterday. My glucoze is down from 108 to 73. She's going to test again in 3 months and we're hoping it'll be down to 53 by then. I didn't realise it could change that much. Shows how important the right eating etc is. Good to know I'm on the right track. 

@tiger_rick can you not go for a run round your local area, or do you really love your garden?

I'm about holding steady at the moment - running twice a week and an online yoga session.  But I'm drinking every day (you gotta get through this somehow) so my weight will probably tick up.  Although the daily walk is something I am doing religiously now which will help.

• Awards Moderator

Did another 25 minute run again. Again at the seven minute mark my brain wanted me to completely stop and yet if I got past that it was fine. Really odd. 

18 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Did another 25 minute run again. Again at the seven minute mark my brain wanted me to completely stop and yet if I got past that it was fine. Really odd. 

I am like that, a few years ago I use to run 5k every day and my mindset was I would feel like stopping completely within the first four minutes of each run but after that I breezed through it. 

Due to everything going on and the gyms being closed I am running again a lot more, yet I still feel like packing it in within the first few minutes. 

1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

That's your wall mate.  Purely psychological.  I got into a rut with my running around the local park, where I could run for about 1/2 hour and by the time I got home I was knackered.  I asked my brother, who ran a lot more than me - how do I get past that and run more?  He said "just set out in one direction until you're exhausted, and then you have to get home so you might as well run".

Turns out I could run for 45 minutes easily, literally the next day. I managed to build up to a 2 hour run just by going a bit further every time before turning around.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Loki said:

@tiger_rick can you not go for a run round your local area, or do you really love your garden?

It's just a bit of something different really. Seems like every bugger is running at the moment so nice and peaceful. 

Dunno about anyone else, maybe one for @Onyx2 but something about counting through the short laps makes me keep going. Did 40 mins the other night with one very quick stop for water.

I've started running with the dogs in the mornings. I already had a dog waist belt/lead thingy so I've attached another lead to it and now run with one of them either side of me. They seem to enjoy it and it gets me out of the house for a bit. 

We're up to about 3k at a time now and have a few different routes we go on. 

Finally starting to get the hang of my resistance bands and enjoying home workouts. done a full body RB workout today and managed 200 press ups and 200 squats and a 10mile+ walk 

Never managed to do that many press ups or squats, i did 10 press ups then 10 squats then put a notch on a piece of paper to say that round was done, i just did it for 20 rounds

4 hours ago, Ralphy said:

Finally starting to get the hang of my resistance bands and enjoying home workouts. done a full body RB workout today and managed 200 press ups and 200 squats and a 10mile+ walk 

Never managed to do that many press ups or squats, i did 10 press ups then 10 squats then put a notch on a piece of paper to say that round was done, i just did it for 20 rounds

2021. Ralphy Vs The Cow 2: This Time It's Personal.

Good to hear russ! 

Do you find it hurts your shoulders? 

I did a walk carrying 20kg today in my backpack for over an hour, absolute killer, only around 7kg from carrying half my bodyweight, can't see myself carrying more in case my bag, or back, breaks

Edited by Ralphy
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Good to hear russ! 

Do you find it hurts your shoulders? 

I did a walk carrying 20kg today in my backpack for over an hour, absolute killer, only around 7kg from carrying half my bodyweight, can't see myself carrying more in case my bag, or back, breaks

Yes it really digs in. I still have no idea on its actual weight. My back seems fine and the weight is pulling my posture into a much better line. 

8 red house bricks, I do check the bag before don’t fancy that hitting the back of my ankles 

Edited by quote the raven