Royal Rumble 2014 Discussion

HarmonicGenerator

How much money do the people crying spend on Daniel Bryan? Anyone who answers "nothing" has to ask themselves why they think they should dictate the top spots more than the people who buy a ticket for Cena vs Orton and go home with a Cena top and wristbands on.

Daniel Bryan fans are different from John Cena fans. It's a different age group. People spend money on Daniel Bryan, but they spend it on a PPV buy or a show ticket. Cena fans are mostly children, so will take up merch. I know a lot of people who like Bryan, but they wouldn't buy his merch. They wouldn't wear any wrestling t-shirts, because it's mainly for kids.

If that's the case, it's even more reason to focus on Cena rather than Bryan.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How much money do the people crying spend on Daniel Bryan? Anyone who answers "nothing" has to ask themselves why they think they should dictate the top spots more than the people who buy a ticket for Cena vs Orton and go home with a Cena top and wristbands on.

Daniel Bryan fans are different from John Cena fans. It's a different age group. People spend money on Daniel Bryan, but they spend it on a PPV buy or a show ticket. Cena fans are mostly children, so will take up merch. I know a lot of people who like Bryan, but they wouldn't buy his merch. They wouldn't wear any wrestling t-shirts, because it's mainly for kids.

If that's the case, it's even more reason to focus on Cena rather than Bryan.

Or they could make more merch that people wouldnt be embarrassed to be seen in, like CM Punk's first BITW top. Pretty sure quite a few people bought that.

Just having a look at Bryan's merch on WWE.com

daniel_bryan_goat_face_t-shirt_1_.jpg

This is $30. The only person stupid enough to do that is a child

You can even pick up a bearded baseball cap...

W05964.jpg

The only Daniel Bryan merch I would ever buy would be a YES tshirt, and that would be strictly an impulse buy at the event never to be worn again because I like the guy.

So Daniel Bryan's fans will buy tickets and PPVs... Whereas Cena's fans will buy tickets and PPVs and merch? That solves that riddle, then. And Cena's fans buy more tickets and PPVs, too, which is a bonus.

Or they could make more merch that people wouldnt be embarrassed to be seen in

"Why won't this wrestling company push the bloke whose fanbase would be embarrassed to be seen in wrestling shirts?"

Or they could make more merch that people wouldnt be embarrassed to be seen in

"Why won't this wrestling company push the bloke whose fanbase would be embarrassed to be seen in wrestling shirts?"

Are you being serious? You cant have actually missed the point that much.

People will be embarrassed to wear tshirts with flying goats on and hats with beards. People are not embarrassed to wear wrestling shirts.

This isnt me saying they should push him, its me saying if they want people to buy merch then they should make merch which isnt dogshit. Then people will buy it.

• Paid Members

If they had just made it clear Bryan wasn't going to be number 30 then it wouldn't have gone down as such a wet fart. They should have shown him leaving the arena after his match with Bray and announcing who was going to be number 30. I don't know how they didn't see this happening. Or better yet have number 30 been a dickhead heel to really get the fans pissed off (in a good way) rather than just a dull arse Rey Mysterio.

But yes they do definitely have a problem and that is Randy Orton. He's just fucking shit these days and John Cena should be involved in proper programmes that show his strengths. Orton is, sadly, past it. Just dull all over.

Overall I enjoyed the Rumble and the Wyatt match was fantastic. There were some dickheads in the audience though. Some of them tried to start a Husky Harris chant in the opener. The post-Wrestlemania Raw last year is one of the worst things to happen to wrestling. It glorified the fucking annoying know-it-all wanker fan chants.

EDIT: Ian was right, Cena foam fingers cost a tenner but Bryans finger point is free...they need to do giant foam Daniel Bryan hands. They will rake it in.

And Cena's fans buy more tickets and PPVs, too, which is a bonus.

Yeah you could hear that at the Rumble, mate. In all seriousness I don't know what you're basing that on.

If we are judging things on merch, Cena wins every day hands down. NOBODY can deny that. Merch is aimed at kids. I know plenty of Daniel Bryan fans who would never wear a wrestling t-shirt. It's a different age group. It's silly to say Daniel Bryan fans need to but his t-shirt; the money is spent elsewhere.

Archived