Royal Rumble 2014 Discussion

HarmonicGenerator

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Reigns' run gave me flashbacks of Batista in 2005 when Ambrose tried to eliminate him, like Flair did to Batista. Really wish they just gave him the win. There's nothing like a rumble win and title win at WM to really really make someone. Batista is the best example. I'm not sure how big of a star he'd be right now if he had won the title on one of the lower PPV's.

• Paid Members

Knew something had happened when this thread was so big.

What a fucking mental finish to the Rumble. I couldn't give a shit about the Bryan chants, people should have been so stupid as to think he'd show up. The state of Batista and Randy Orton continuing to be absolutely motherfucking tedious bothers me. i wouldn't sit through it on Raw at the moment, let alone WrestleMania.

More convinced than ever that holding off pulling the trigger on Reigns until next years Rumble would be the right thing to do. He's going to get lost in the shuffle amongst some right shit if they go with him now. He looked amazing at the Rumble though. As did Wyatt and Yusev.

The Rumble match itself was one of the most tedious I can remember. My favourite bit was probably Corporate Kane pulling Punk out. It didn't have WWE's usual polish about it. There were some horrible spots. And the big Wyatt/Shield stare-down happened during a countdown so no-one saw it.

Big E. came out of it looking like a right chump too.

I haven't watched WWE since WM, but that time is here again, so I watched the rumble.

That first match was great. I had a bad feeling that the rest of the PPV wouldn't maintain that level, and I was right. The best thing after that was Reigns run in the rumble, shame he didn't win it, but he will get another chance.

Batista looks off key, not just his lack of size, but just something off putting about him. Never mind putting him in the ring with Ryback, there were two other guys in the rumble that had legs like tree trunks, so it just made Batista look even smaller. I don't know how long his return run is for, but he might want to bulk up a little, if he's around for a year or so.

There was also something off about CM Punk, he seems to have lost his aura, he was in the rumble for the most longest next to Reigns, but you would have hardly noticed.

When Rey came running out to chorus of boo's I wondered what the poor bloke had done. Reading your posts I can see it's because Bryan has been over at live crowds for 6months or more, so Rey was just the fall guy.

I like Bryan, but I've never seen him as the main man in WWE. I've always seen him as the Dean Malenko of current wrestling, with a bit more charisma. Mid to upper mid card, is the right place for him.

Overall, I think it was an average show.

I haven't watched WWE since WM . . . I like Bryan, but I've never seen him as the main man in WWE

Mate, you haven't seen him beat The Shield, beat Cena clean at Summerslam, then get royally screwed for a few months, then get the greatest reactions in Seattle, and his turn on Bray Wyatt being all that and then some... the guy's hotter than anything since the Attitude Era, just about eclipsing Eddie!

Didn't Eddie's run do disappointing business and it turned out he wasn't all that over, just popular with live audiences. I loved Eddie, but he's hardly the hottest name since the attitude days...

Surely if you were trying to say Bryan was a hot act you'd compare him to Cena or someone?

Didn't Eddie's run do disappointing business and it turned out he wasn't all that over, just popular with live audiences. I loved Eddie, but he's hardly the hottest name since the attitude days...

Surely if you were trying to say Bryan was a hot act you'd compare him to Cena or someone?

Aaron knows that all of the figures and stats are just lies peddled by the WWE Illuminati. Nielsen are in on it too. Any freeman of the land knows that Bryan's generating more revenue than Cena ever did.

I've a twin!

He didn't sing "The continued death, of the WWF" in a beautiful falsetto. I was hoping for that more than Bryan winning the Rumble.

The continued death of the UKFF!

Aaron knows that all of the figures and stats are just lies peddled by the WWE Illuminati. Nielsen are in on it too. Any freeman of the land knows that Bryan's generating more revenue than Cena ever did.

I've a twin!

He didn't sing "The continued death, of the WWF" in a beautiful falsetto. I was hoping for that more than Bryan winning the Rumble.

Nice one. :thumbsup:

My point was regarding the volume of the live reactions he's getting. They've been pissing over anything for ages.

I've a twin!

Yeah, that wouldn't have worked, it was a stretch to begin with, much like his T Shirt.

Archived