Royal Rumble 2014 Discussion

HarmonicGenerator

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was predictable, its a shame I kind of thought Batista coming back wouldn't be just for money, hed want to be the main event again. Shame really, I really want Bryan to be in the Rumble and win.

Hopefully its a swerve and Bryan ends up winning the wwe title between now and mania and goes to mania defending the title against Batista.

Probuably not unfortunately. He will probuably end up in a tag match with Punk against HHH and Kane.

• Paid Members

The tremendous Mookieghana (he's like the top statistician when it comes to pro wrestling) just did a average on who is the biggest and worst viewership gainers for Raw over the years. Some interesting people on the list actually.

avg_max_2011_2012_2013_viewership_RAW_change_Wrestler.png

Might be worth a discussion of its own actually. Stunned people tune in to see Vickie Guerrero so consistently. No wonder she's got a fucking job for life.

Randy Orton might be the most over pushed lump of shit ever, judging by this. He doesn't sell merch, I know he isn't going very significant PPV numbers and no fucker is desperate to watch him when he's on.

• Paid Members
Might be worth a discussion of its own actually. Stunned people tune in to see Vickie Guerrero so consistently. No wonder she's got a fucking job for life.

Maddox in Top 10 too, has to be something in authority figures meaning there's expectation of something consequential happening in the segment.

I get how that would work for people like Rock and Brock, who are advertised for a certain point in the show, but Vickie just usually turns up on screen at random points interrupting a brawl or promo. Is it not possible she's just piggybacking off involvement in other popular stars' segments? For example, she was a featured part in the Rock Concert.

When was the last time they did a big re-write that we knew about? I remember Vince turning up, going apeshit at everyone, re-writing the whole thing and appearing on Raw himself- when he wasn't on TV at the time. Think this was a couple of years ago?

Didnt vince/paul heyman/dutch mantel rewrite one last year on the day of a show?

il_340x270.543543659_t0y1.jpg

This monstrosity?

Never underestimate kitch value with t-shirts like these, this exact type of wrestling t-shirt is what Primark look to shift in big numbers. That teenager/student stab at being ironic and/or retro can really drive sales for this type of stuff.

I think the stuff that doesn't sell are the stuff the lives in that grey area of being inoffensive and safe. I would be more inclined to buy something that reeks of early 90's neon overdose or a cool standard top like the classic black and white NWO t-shirt.

I'm not going to encourage some pointless circular argument about t-shirts. You can pull up a million awful t-shirts from the 90s, and not just wrestling ones. Most of fashion from that time will look shit now. Admittedly stuff like Micheal's is very bad, but surely that can't justify what the WWE expects us to buy in 2014?

Obviously popularity of the wrestler does play a factor. But its impossible to deny a t-shirt with a good design will sell more than a t-shirt with a bad design will. Did that one of Austin with the Rattlesnake arms out sell the Austin 3:16 shirts? Or even do anywhere near as good as it?

Saying all this Daniel Bryan does sell merch, I just think he would sell more if he had a better t-shirt line.

• Awards Moderator

Yeah you should repost this as a thread. There's too many spurs off this. Where is CM Punk in 2012? Also shows how many Divas cause switch-off.

I get all the above regarding merch, but can't a crowd consistently barking for someone who isn't competing cause all parts of the audience to to ask questions? I can't recall reactions like this since Goldberg, when his name was being chanted when he wasn't even in the building. I am still surprised (and somehow, not surprised at all) Vince didn't call an audible to send the crowd home happy. Have you seen that video of Batista desperately trying to start a Yes chant and bombing?

Away from all that, the whole 'undercard' was packed with really entertaining stuff... Possibly Shield's best promo. I winced when Brock threw the chair into the ring, I was sure it was going to decapitate three people in the crowd. And he sold that KO punch like a champ. And I enjoyed Cena trying the Walls when a Jericho chant broke out.

The tremendous Mookieghana (he's like the top statistician when it comes to pro wrestling) just did a average on who is the biggest and worst viewership gainers for Raw over the years. Some interesting people on the list actually.

avg_max_2011_2012_2013_viewership_RAW_change_Wrestler.png

Randy Orton might be the most over pushed lump of shit ever, judging by this. He doesn't sell merch, I know he isn't going very significant PPV numbers and no fucker is desperate to watch him when he's on.

How do the viewership gainers work, as surely you don't know whose on until you change the channel anyway? If thats the case, then the viewership losers are far more telling.

Archived