Royal Rumble 2014 Discussion

HarmonicGenerator

Orton - Cena. Been said, who the fuck cares. Why the fuck do they take the cop out with heel Champions that are cowards and lose all the time and only win by fluke or tactics from the big book of Sneaky Wins for Evil People. If your Champion is a joke, the person losing is a bigger joke and the whole brand is a joke all round.

In WWE's defense, this has been a lot better in recent years, with more heels getting strong clean(er) wins over the faces. Take the Wyatt win over Bryan as a key example of that.

In regards to title matches, Orton has successfully defended his title clean against the Big Show (I didn't watch that live, so please correct me if I'm wrong) and in fact beat Cena clean(ish) at last month's TLC PPV. Then before that we had Mark Henry beat a face Orton clean for the World Heavyweight Title.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looked it up and this is kind of irrelevant but Finlay was officially DQ'ed for entering the Rumble before his number was called. It was revealed after the Rumble but at least that makes sense.

And using Mark Henry winning the world title as any kind of defence seems like bit self defeating :D

Edit: I'm sure they don't cop out all the time but for me the Rumble is always the PPV i'd choose to get be back into wrestling, and I'd bet there are many other former/part time fans that are the same. So disappointing to watch that drivel and I don't know what the general consensus is but I spoke to a fan earlier and if that is considered a fairly decent PPV like he said then WWE just isn't for me :(

Archived