Royal Rumble 2014 Discussion

HarmonicGenerator

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you being serious? You cant have actually missed the point that much.

People will be embarrassed to wear tshirts with flying goats on and hats with beards. People are not embarrassed to wear wrestling shirts.

This isnt me saying they should push him, its me saying if they want people to buy merch then they should make merch which isnt dogshit. Then people will buy it.

Have you really convinced yourself that wrestling fans will only buy t-shirts that are super cool? Because that nonsense excuse for why Bryan's t-shirts don't sell on the megastar level was roundly mocked yesterday after Alvarez tried it. And it's easily beaten by a snapshot of one of the best-selling wrestling shirts of the last decade:

dx_illustrated_t-shirt.jpg

• Paid Members
And Cena's fans buy more tickets and PPVs, too, which is a bonus.

Yeah you could hear that at the Rumble, mate. In all seriousness I don't know what you're basing that on.

If we are judging things on merch, Cena wins every day hands down. NOBODY can deny that. Merch is aimed at kids. I know plenty of Daniel Bryan fans who would never wear a wrestling t-shirt. It's a different age group. It's silly to say Daniel Bryan fans need to but his t-shirt; the money is spent elsewhere.

Cheers for backing up your claim with something then. Unless were counting "your mates who are Bryan fans" as a quantifiable demographic now?. Especially brilliant considering you get shirty with Pitcos for not justifying something immediately beforehand.

• Paid Members

The Outlaws won the fooking tag belts! It was always going to be down hill from there.

Really bizarre show, though. Bryan carried Wyatt to a brilliant match, then the fans decided to shit on everything else. Granted, nothing was as good as the Outlaws winning and the Bryan match, but they were well harsh on the title match, which was decent enough.

That Rumble match was probably the least enjoyable in ages. Not enough Nash-like surprises to mask how much I don't care about most of the roster, plus you had a knobby crowd. No idea why WWE decided not to include Bryan, as you could see that ending coming as the WWE title match was progressing. The right man won, even if he dressed like an aerobics instructor.

And Cena's fans buy more tickets and PPVs, too, which is a bonus.

Yeah you could hear that at the Rumble, mate. In all seriousness I don't know what you're basing that on.

Attendances at the Cena-headlined shows and attendances at the Bryan-headlined shows. Mo fans, mo money.

If we are judging things on merch, Cena wins every day hands down. NOBODY can deny that. Merch is aimed at kids. I know plenty of Daniel Bryan fans who would never wear a wrestling t-shirt. It's a different age group. It's silly to say Daniel Bryan fans need to but his t-shirt; the money is spent elsewhere.

Only the money isn't spent elsewhere, is it? If it was, Bryan's house shows would be selling out rather than performing below par. Bryan's TV segments would be doing Batista-like numbers. And maybe that will eventually happen, but it hasn't yet. And until it does, until there's some evidence of this "money spent elsewhere" then it makes perfect sense to cater to the "different age group" that is buying the ticket and handing over fifty quid for a t-shirt and hat.

He would have been the perfect number 30 actually. They are idiots for not going with that.

The buzzer going off and him coming out saying "I've got some bad news for you..."

It would have been perfect.

It would've been better if the buzzer went and Bryan's music hit, then Barrett does his line. Top trolling.

• Paid Members
He would have been the perfect number 30 actually. They are idiots for not going with that.

The buzzer going off and him coming out saying "I've got some bad news for you..."

It would have been perfect.

It would've been better if the buzzer went and Bryan's music hit, then Barrett does his line. Top trolling.

Batista might have actually got some cheers if he eliminated Barrett after that.

• Paid Members
Yeah Bray was fantastic. Barring that shit match with Kane he's been good in all his in-ring appearances. Also, he's only 26...if he keeps progressing like this in a few years time he's going to be world class.

He was pretty terrible against Kofi, as well. There's a reason he's been off PPV singles matches for months. He's needed a lot more work when it comes to long singles matches. He more than held his own last night, though.

• Paid Members
I would have thought Daniel Bryan "Yes!" foam fingers would sell like hot cakes. First finger extended, with "yes" on them and selling them two at a time for fans to wear when they join in the chant.

It probably did sell alright, but I don't really remember seeing them much and it's been discontinued. Same for Cena's "gap year diving photo pose" foam hand, though.

I wasn't aware they actually brought any out. I've thought it was a good idea for ages, but I haven't seen any at all.

Archived