Royal Rumble 2014 Discussion

HarmonicGenerator

This really has brought out the worst in the smarky mongs.I've read lots of different people refer to Bryan as the most over wrestler since Stone Cold etc,and hollowly threathen to never watch WWE again after Bryan was apparently screwed out of a match he was never advertised to appear in.

Mick Foley's tantrum is fantastic though,can't wait for his inevitable WWE return and public humiliation.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

All this Daniel Bryan doesn't shift merchandise talk is daft.

For me it's the fact WWE aren't willing to invest in Bryan as a talent. If Vince never put the effort in after Austin's 316 speech what would have happened?

Cena is pushed down everyone's throats (he is the man granted) but if they were to start pushing Bryan down the casual fans throats actually building him to be a star then the casual fan WILL buy his shit. Put him in programs where he looks strong and people can believe in him.

It's the fault of WWE, and those that booed understand that.

People attend wrestling to get that moment where the hair stands on end and they begin to uncontrollably react like a child again. And that Rumble crowd felt they were robbed of that moment, not for storyline, but out of spite because WWE are not happy that Daniel Bryan is over like rover.

If that were WCW last night that ring would have been littered!

• Paid Members
Im suprised the ring wasn't littered to be honest. Not that I condone that, just half expected it to happen

This is just a upset bunch of loud mouths, who like chanting things. It wasn't Memphis in 83. Sad fact is, the fans who are watching now are the ones who will always watch. If they buried Warrior like that back in 1990, I'd have probably started watching something else. I only liked wrestling because my favourites won. I remember losing interest for a little bit when Yokozuna beat Hogan and sent him packing. Here's a sad little fact, back when WCW was around I used to turn off when they started burying Bret Hart. I'd be like "I'm not watching him get treated like shit by this lot". Everyone did the same thing when WCW featured the same guys on top and wouldnt let anyone else in. When Goldberg's momentum died, WCW was over then. When you start fucking with someones hero, that's when its over. If you seriously want to make an impact, turn off. If WWE start seeing 2.3 million viewers tuning in every week all of a sudden, they'd have to act. But they have John Cena and they have Brock, Rock, Hulk, Vince, Undertaker, Shawn, Austin and all these stop gaps to make you forget that all about your worries. If the fans have complaints, stop being battered wives. Its never going to change otherwise. The ones who cheer the loudest, are the ones who will be watching tonight and next month.

Its like that old thing when people start chanting boring. The old attitude is "if they chant boring, that means they aren't leaving their seats".

• Paid Members

Depends what you consider the audience to be. If this was a decade ago, yeah. Where you are fighting for an audience that doesn't usually buy a PPV but might with the right build. But in the current climate, I dont think it makes a difference. The business just isn't the same sadly. John Cena is the big star in the current era and he gets booed every week. People just dont seem to give a shit like they once did. Its why 90% of their attractions are part timers these days.

• Paid Members
It's a business where perception is reality. People get over when they're seen being cheered for on TV. Having 'boring' or 'this match sucks' booming over your title matches won't have a good effect.

I agree, and any major shareholder should be asking questions, I would be.

• Paid Members
If you seriously want to make an impact, turn off. If WWE start seeing 2.3 million viewers tuning in every week all of a sudden, they'd have to act. But they have John Cena and they have Brock, Rock, Hulk, Vince, Undertaker, Shawn, Austin and all these stop gaps to make you forget that all about your worries. If the fans have complaints, stop being battered wives. Its never going to change otherwise.

That's a nice soundbite Lance Storm has been regurgitating over and over on twitter, but who are you actually talking to? Unless we all have ratings boxes, then it actually doesn't matter does it?

Specifying how and when people should voice their displeasure gets nobody anywhere. Aside from what happened in the arena last night, moaning on forums and in hashtag form is about the sum total anyone here can really do.

• Paid Members

I'm talking about the hardcore viewer who keeps getting pissed off at what they are dishing out and still watches anyway. When WCW lost their fanbase, they were fucked. WCW were grossing the worst drawing PPVs in history even though they had 2 million viewers. Their audience stopped spending money on it. Same with TNA. They have 1.5 million viewers and nobody buys a ticket, a PPV or a toy from the website. If this Network is a resounding success, that only tells you they'll keep paying to see whatever they tell you to see. I dont watch WWE religiously anymore. I'm a massive wrestling fan, I dont sit through a full Raw anymore. I dont see why anyone else would stick around and watch 3 hours of it if they keep fucking your favourite over. Its not a soundbite to say "fuck this". The fact they had a packed arena booing is far better than having 1500 people cheering.

• Paid Members

I love reading the PPV threads after someone's not won who was 'supposed' to. Really is perfect for mong identification.

The live crowd were a bunch of fucking knobs from the start with "This is awesome!" It's not fucking ROH, fuck off. These cunts could have contributed in really making a star last night in Roman Reigns but no.

Don't get me wrong, I love Daniel Bryan but he's never going to be the main man and I'm not sure I even want him to be. Reigns, however, has got the fucking lot and I was far more arsed about the crap way he got eliminated than Bryan not turning up, even if he did break the Rumble record - something that got nowhere near the attention it should have done because too many arseholes were crying in the crowd and not recognising that something remarkable was happening.

All I can say is with more and more crowds like last night's, I'm fucking dreading the Raw after Wrestlemania. It's going to be unbearable.

Archived