Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Alf from Home and Away sitting outside the Bear & Staff in Leicester Square, wearing a hat and looking slightly concerned (which I think is his default face). 

Posted

Nothing's beating that, close the thread. I could not have kept it together. Father Ted meeting Richard Wilson would look respectfully constrained next to all the crows being stoned and hoons being flamed.

  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Roy Hodgson got on my train at Clapham this evening with his wife and sat opposite me and my girlfriend. Instead of saying hello like a normal person, when he stood up to get off I said “Go on, Roy”. Like I was at a football match. He did laugh but the cringe within me won’t go away as my girlfriend has repeated it all the way home while laughing at me. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I am haunted by Phil from Time Team.

See him probably once a week. I have great respect to his committment in living the gimmick, he's never without his daft floppy hat, even when he was in a full suit when I saw him going to the swearing in of the new Bishop of Salisbury. He frequents a lot of the same pubs I do, and they've erected the harrowing statue below in a window I walk past daily so I think about him more than I do most of my close relatives. I wish it was someone from a TV show I didn't detest occupying this much brain space.

pic-13-1.jpg.c9e2b00c71a619a55581a3c0237e8156.jpg

 

Edited by Gus Mears
  • Paid Members
Posted

I once saw Phil from Time Team in a real ale pub in Jersey.

He had a pint of strong scrumpy, a map, and a big rock on the table in front of him, exactly as you'd expect.

I asked him to sign a beermat for my brother, who at that point was a History student who watched Time Team religiously, and he seemed completely perplexed by the question, as if nobody had ever asked him to sign anything before. 

Posted (edited)

My wife drunkenly accosted a guy from the last series of The Great British Sewing Bee in our local last weekend. She professed to him her life long dream of learning dress making and knitting and asked for advice on how to start which was news to me considering we've been together ten years and this is the first I'd heard of it.

Edited by wordsfromlee
Spelling
Posted

Went to the Motorcycle Live show at the NEC during the week, and along with TT heroes John McGuiness and Peter Hickman I saw Paul Hollywood wandering around.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Centrist melt "comedian" Matt Forde on the train, looking like shit and absolutely demolishing a Greggs pasty, starting from the middle.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...