The Beer Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

That new Brewdog bar in Waterloo. Fucking hell. Where do you even start?

I will say, having a slide, where alcohol is involved especially seems like a really fucking idiotic idea that will almost certainly end in someone getting hurt.

27 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Probably by not going in and going to a decent pub in the area. I recommend The Kings Arms on Roupell Street. 5 minutes away.

I always liked the Camel and Artichoke (I think it used to be called something else, but I forget the name) down on Lower Marsh, as it had reasonable beer and was never too busy when I went in there. Haven't been in for a few years though, so no idea what it's like now but it used to be pretty good. 

6 minutes ago, mim731 said:

I always liked the Camel and Artichoke (I think it used to be called something else, but I forget the name) down on Lower Marsh, as it had reasonable beer and was never too busy when I went in there. Haven't been in for a few years though, so no idea what it's like now but it used to be pretty good. 

I prefer to take a quick walk down the Cut for a beer if I'm ever in the area (towards Southwark station), but always liked The Fire Station and The Hole In The Wall for Waterloo based beers. Haven't been in either for years though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

It's off topic but I'm not sure where else to moan, I'm at Peterborough beer fest (it's great by the way) and the amount of people who don't seem to understand free open seating is really frustrating.

There's 6 seats and one person is sat down, "are any of these free?"

"My friends are at the bar."

"All five of them?"

"No there's four of us".

"So two seats are free then."

"We don't really want anyone else sat with us"

That's not how it works I'm afraid. 

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
On 8/26/2022 at 5:27 PM, Tommy! said:

It's off topic but I'm not sure where else to moan, I'm at Peterborough beer fest (it's great by the way) and the amount of people who don't seem to understand free open seating is really frustrating.

There's 6 seats and one person is sat down, "are any of these free?"

"My friends are at the bar."

"All five of them?"

"No there's four of us".

"So two seats are free then."

"We don't really want anyone else sat with us"

That's not how it works I'm afraid. 

Same at Nottingham, 4 people at a table of 6. I sit down and get chewed out but when pushed on where the other 2 are they fold. The one chap offered me a seat his side, but I still made a point that the 2 sat opposite are selfish cunts.

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Girlfriends dad wants a home brewing kit for Christmas. Is there any particularly good ones for a beginner? I know he likes bitter and probably doesn’t give a shit about trendy IPAs and things like that. 

Can’t speak for the end product here, but this kit has everything he’ll need starting out. I’ve used this website quite a lot and they are very reliable.