The Beer Thread

PowerButchi

1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

Anyone doing the camera winter fest in a few weeks?

With Birmingham shitting the bed it's been moved to Burton.

Do they still have the guy playing the Wurlitzer in Burton? I know they always have bands on as well but you knew you were at the Burton beer festival when he started playing the Theme from Dambusters on his Wurlitzer that comes up from the floor. Beautiful stuff. Oh and the beer and food was always good too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone doing any beer festivals this year?

I'm planning on Peterborough and Tamworth. I'm likely giving Nottingham a miss because the last few at the cricket ground have been as bit of a bummer tbh.

Edit: missed rugby due to train strikes but did a day at Cov which was solid, although a day is enough.

Edited by Tommy!

• 3 months later...

A mate was playing a gig at the local pinball bar so I treated myself to a peach and cherry sorbet sour from Yonder while I was there and it was spot on, I think sours have become my go-to beer when they're available, maybe not for an entire night but definitely to start with.

• Paid Members

I'm getting into sours too - my palette has changed a lot over the years, to the point that I mostly just go for an inoffensive IPA or craft lager if I can help it, but my local gets in some really interesting sours, and they're a lovely way to start the night. Not many that I could drink for more than a couple of pints - and some of the sourer ones I'd struggle through even a pint - but I had a Margherita Sour recently that I bloody loved, and a Dandelion & Burdock sour that I'm going to have to find out the name of because it tasted exactly like D&B. I'm normally not a fan of fruity booze that doesn't taste like it has any alcohol in it, but this was lovely. 

• Paid Members

I'm on my way home from a couple of days at Peterborough beer festival, easily one of my favourites now derby don't run the round house and notts is sticking to Trent bridge.

Any way, a couple of keg places were open on my walk to the station for my trip home and promoted by this chat had a couple of nice ones, brew york kirch Russel being the best.

I'm a cask over keg man so it's rare I ever have anything too trendy in that style but I love a bottle of gueze, particularly if it's been aged well.

Edited by Tommy!