The Beer Thread

PowerButchi

• 5 months later...
  • Paid Members

So I made a Frankenbrew last year. I started with a Bulldog Brew Easter chocolate stout kit. I had 2 x 1.5kg pilsner liquid Malts that I found in the back of a cupboard. I replaced the usual yeast with a high alcohol mead yeast (with nutrient). 

3 days or so before fermentation ended I added some cluster fugget hops.

It tasted like shit for ages. But after being sat for 18 months to condition its turned quite nice, and with a half dash of blackcurrant is bloody lovely. It's 18.6% and drinks like a 4% stout. 

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

20220506_192339.thumb.jpg.5a9d435c5ad1ac2fe288d5c602fc03bf.jpg

Been on a bit of a Guinness stint lately and as coffee lover I was looking forward to trying this. 

I'd seen a few reviews before hand which mentioned quite a muted coffee taste but I thought it was a fairly strong flavour. The more I drank the less I enjoyed it. Certainly not something I could drink more than one of. 

Back to regular Guinness. 

Brewing good beer has become exponentially more expensive for a lot of brewers in the last few years since Brexit and COVID. A lot of brewing supplies are imported through the EU and brewers who rely chiefly on cask have suffered immensely.

We're currently involved in a gold rush to get the last barrels of Kelham Island beer after they announced their closure last week. It sucks, Pale Rider is a great beer, I hope the brewers land on their feet elsewhere.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

Brewdog are shite beers with good marketing.

Who was the bell end on here who'd always bang on about being a share holder and note the abv of all thier drinks?

Friend to the stars and mobile phone technician Dangerously420. He was like Joey in Friends with the Porsche merch. 

• 1 month later...