The Beer Thread

PowerButchi

9 hours ago, neil said:

I used to be able to tell the yanks that their beer was disgusting when they'd produce shite like this. Fucking hell.

Some of those sorts of beers are really nice as a novelty thing, but definitely not something to actually regularly drink. Tiny Rebel's Pump up The Jam raspberry doughnut beer is one of the few that I could actually drink a lot of. I remember having Rogue Brewery's maple bacon doughnut beer which was grim stuff.

On 5/30/2020 at 4:05 PM, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Got these delivered yesterday. The espresso martini is pretty good, but the candied bacon is amazing. 

20200529_124951.jpg

Bit late to the party, but I also bought a pack of these upon release and couldn’t get through a single one. I found them so sickly sweet with no bitterness to counteract it. The candied bacon and waffle one was actually my least favourite of the lot too. Shame, because I usually love Tiny Rebel, and I have a taste for porters at the moment.

Their Pineapple Express IPA, however, is absolutely delicious. Dangerously easy to drink.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Rey_Piste said:

Some of those sorts of beers are really nice as a novelty thing, but definitely not something to actually regularly drink. 

Oh god yeah. Most of them are a one and done for me. The dessert in a cans I could make an exception for though...

@Slapnut I liked the coconut creme one the best, by quite a margin.

I need to start chronicling what new beers I've been having cos I've had some crackers recently but have forgotten their names/brewers.

I had a lemon meringue IPA and a (takes deep breath) cherry, chocolate, vanilla and coffee Imperial stout. I wish I remembered who they were by, but they both cost about £7.50 a can so that's my prevailing memory. I had picked up a raspberry, chocolate and peanut butter brownie stout but it was £20 quid for a 330ml can so I swerved it!

• Paid Members
On 6/25/2020 at 2:27 PM, BrodyGraham said:

I need to start chronicling what new beers I've been having cos I've had some crackers recently but have forgotten their names/brewers.

I had a lemon meringue IPA and a (takes deep breath) cherry, chocolate, vanilla and coffee Imperial stout. I wish I remembered who they were by, but they both cost about £7.50 a can so that's my prevailing memory. I had picked up a raspberry, chocolate and peanut butter brownie stout but it was £20 quid for a 330ml can so I swerved it!

Omnipollo maybe? They do that sort of drink.

Omnipollo-LemonMeringueIceCreamPie.jpg

• Paid Members
On 6/24/2020 at 9:49 PM, Joe Blog said:

My dalliance with ale is over. Not only did it dent my wallet buy it also extended my waistline. I have returned to red wine and self loathing instead.

Ales will be reserved for afternoon beers at the pub once in a blue moon. 

Red wine has more calories than beer.

Edited by Chunk

• Paid Members

Anyone here stopped in the BrewDog Hotel in Aberdeen? Its me and my wifes first anniversary today and she has promised to book us in as her gift to me (once we can, obviously). 

Fucking Hell. Just checked travel time, 6 hours each way! May have to convince her just to go to York...

Edited by ReturnOfTheMack

• 4 weeks later...

Just had the latest iteration of the beer that got me into the ale scene, Ginger by Marble Arch. When I first had it, it was a mid strength bitter flavoured with ginger coming in around 4.1% or there abouts. 

They've since upped it to 6.1% and upped the spice with cayenne and Szechuan peppers. I hadn't had it in about 7 years, but it remains a  lovely beer which manages to both taste like it's flavours and still taste like a bloody good ale. Strong recommend although I have an inherent bias in that I lived next door to Marble's home, The Marble Arch in Ancoats, Manchester, for 7 years.

I won a quiz a couple of months ago and got a six month subscription to BeerBods and there was some nice beers in it, but this has to be the best lager that has ever passed my lips 

Canopy

I can't put it into words how good this is. It is that good I have ordered a mixed case from Canopy to try out their other offerings. Other highlights from my BeerBods box was Ordinary Bitter by Anspach and Hobday and Wiper and True IPA by Kaleidoscope. Adnams Cucumelon Sour went straight into the bin after one sip. Rancid. 

• Paid Members
On 7/26/2020 at 10:50 PM, BrodyGraham said:

Just had the latest iteration of the beer that got me into the ale scene, Ginger by Marble Arch. When I first had it, it was a mid strength bitter flavoured with ginger coming in around 4.1% or there abouts. 

They've since upped it to 6.1% and upped the spice with cayenne and Szechuan peppers. I hadn't had it in about 7 years, but it remains a  lovely beer which manages to both taste like it's flavours and still taste like a bloody good ale. Strong recommend although I have an inherent bias in that I lived next door to Marble's home, The Marble Arch in Ancoats, Manchester, for 7 years.

Didn't they always do a strong version of that? They used to call it Marble Ginger 6 and it was 6%.

I’d just like to thank whoever posted about Salopian Brewery’s Oracle at some point in this thread. Spotted it in an off license the other day and remembered it being praised here, and now I may have a new favourite beer. It’s absolutely delicious!