The Beer Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Gus Mears said:

While Brian Blessed would improve 90% of promos, I'd love to see him do Chris Jericho's 'Man of 1001 holds' list from WCW just so he could yell "AND JACKIE MILBURN!" at the end. 

"AAARMBAAAAR"

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

This is lovely. Couldn’t do a whole day on it, but it’s really, REALLY nice. On offer at Morrisons as well: 4 for £6. 

6-B4-A1-EB4-ED56-483-E-AC83-4-FEF5-B9-BB

I can vouch for this one too, we picked it up as part of a 4 for £6 offer and I was surprised by how good it was considering Black Sheep were having a bash at such a hipster beer style. They've done a better job of it than most of the craft brewers whose beers will cost twice the price.

I don’t really know much about beer, but just like with food, I like trying things with new and different flavours. Is Black Sheep not a decent brewery? That Pineapple Milkshake is outstanding.

Morrisons actually have a pretty decent range of beers I find.

Work have just started stocking Gipsy Hill and I couldn’t be happier. Absolutely love their beers.

I ended up getting the summer box, which has 2 of the following. Clwb Tropicana, Peaches and cream, Pump up the jam, Dutty and Lazy Boy Lager. I also bought 2 cans of Frambuzi.

Edit: I also had 2 pints of their tiny batch 0.9% pale ale, because I was driving.

Edited by Rey_Piste

• 2 months later...

Had a Mothership/Fourpure Collab Double IPA last week. Think it was around 8.2%. Really good beer, the fruity finish that Fourpure do really well, really rounds out the harshness that you get from a lot of Double IPA's. 

Got it at Tesco.

Tried Brew York's Rhubarbara Streisand Extra Custard recently as well. Pretty nice rhubarb and custard milkshake IPA but not as good as the Tiny Rebel Pump up the Jam that I had the same day. Lovely stuff that.

Edited by BrodyGraham

2 hours ago, Rey_Piste said:

I need to get some more of that, it's lush. I still need to try staypuft marshmallo stout. from them.

Had that as well. It's really nice although I preferred the Pump...... .

I always restrict myself to 3 beers when I go to my local ale shop and I could have easily walked away with all Tiny Rebel stuff.

How do other people feel about Cloudwater's stuff? I think objectively they're making fantastic beer but there's a sense of vagueness and exclusivity about their branding that puts me off.

14 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Jesus mate, they do so many variations on Stay Puft. The best I have tried is the imperial chocolate one. The amplified is in my fridge now, and then the oreo one is in my sights.

Unfortunately they didn't have any bottles or cans of it for sale when I went to the brewery. I see they have put out a lot of variations of it, but I just want to try the normal one, because the combination intrigues me.