Ric Flair's Divorce Lawyer

Smackdown Discussion Thread

Hope that win is the start of a push for Almas or failing that an actual feud on TV. He’s been on TV for months and hasn’t actually had a proper feud yet has he? Give him the US title and do him and Mysterio, Mask vs Title at Mania. 

5 hours ago, Supremo said:

He's doing such a phenomenal job that I almost can't think of a babyface good enough to be his Wrestlemania opponent. The closest are either Seth Rollins or Big Match John, but I doubt either of them will get the nod. Maybe turn Joe face?

Has to be Cena for me.

Bryan/Cena for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania 35 is a real main event, unlike Bryan/Joe or Mysterio or whoever.

They already have the back story there with them being as good as brothers in law for a few years, and also with Cena going for the "record" 17th title. It pretty much writes itself.

I have a weird feeling it will be Finn Balor though, either by winning the rumble or by some sort of loophole where he can go to Smackdown. Whilst the match would be good, by the time the 9 hour event gets to it, nobody will care.

Cena/Bryan, like Ronda/Becky are probably the only matches that could go on last at Mania at the moment and have the crowd still reacting.

In Kayfabe, you could also go down the route that Cena was the first guy to give Bryan a shot at the top. The only reason Daniel ever got a WWE Title shot was because John hand-picked him for the Summerslam main event.

4 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

I'm pretty sure Becky will get DQ'd against Asuka, maybe "the Man just made a statement laying out the champ" and then go onto win the rumble. Easily opens up options of her facing Asuka at the Feb PPV in a non title match or even having Asuka and Rousey team vs Becky and Charlotte. Not sure who would take the fall there but that would feel a huge match leading into Mania. 

So she would deliberately lose a title match ... in order to get a chance at a title match?

Its WWE, its not as stupid as it sounds. Lynch obviously wants Ronda and seems to have this aura of "don't fuck with me, I'll show I'm the man" including chucking Cena out a ring, battering fuck out of Ronda and just being bad ass. Her character is made for wanting to make a statement that she's bigger than everyone.

Doesn't even have to be a deliberate DQ, have some bull go down with a referee push ending the match and have her steal Carmella's 30 spot.

I'm a lot more invested in the women's rumble and title matches because there's so many directions these divisions are going in.

That was an excellent Smackers. Concur wholeheartedly with @Supremo's post. Virtually everything on the show hit the right notes. It's going to be such a shame when they do the shake up post-Wrestlemania and some of the talent move over to Raw, so we'd best enjoy this run while it lasts.  

It was a good show for sure, but one thing really bugged me.

Mysterio's Destroyer on Almas was one of the most devastating moves I've seen in ages, and yet 1 minute later Almas was back on his feet unharmed.  That's a shitty piece of no-selling.  That move should either finish the match, or take him out for a good long time.  Going to the finish so quickly afterwards pissed me off.

Best bit of Smackdown was Ali landing ass first on top of Joe's head when he went over the top and then selling by grabbing his ass. Nothing can stand up to a Samoan skull! Ali clearly the best worker going today!

Edited by Brudaker

"So we need Mandy Rose to appear seductive and enticing...let's put her in lingerie...but we can't show too much off so let's put her in more than some of our roster wear in the ring currently..."

WWE and its weekly piss poor attempts currently at promoting slightly edgier content to keep older viewers interested is genuinely dreadful. The acting and camera work in it is just as bad. I mentioned in the RAW thread about Alexa not worrying about the camera being in there but why hire a photographer to take incriminating photos when a cameraman is following Uso around?

I can't remember the last time two guys in WWE had such natural chemistry as Mysterio and Almas. It's a joy to watch them together.

Edited by Supremo

I wish they hadn't gone all one name with Andrade though, I really liked the whole Cien Almas part.

But that match was bloody fantastic and its great to see Rey in good enough shape for some of those higher spots.