Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

Be in the minority but I've enjoyed Naka since he turned heel and became US champ. Hasn't had many specific standout moments but he's been good week to week with some amusing barbs and decent matches. Just think that Bryan has taken his spot and done it better recently.

Overall, he's not hit the heights I hoped for (but didn't expect) but he's still been a useful hand and part of the reason Smackers is consistently better and the roster feels better.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Naka has been booked exactly like I expected he would be. In Vince's eyes he will never be the top guy because he is Japanese. He might allow a Canadian to be World Champion every now and again but the racist old bastard won't allow anyone from much further away than that to be the man. 

You all know that when Velveteen Dream comes up He will be dancing with the New Day within 6 weeks don't you. 

1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Naka has been booked exactly like I expected he would be. In Vince's eyes he will never be the top guy because he is Japanese. He might allow a Canadian to be World Champion every now and again but the racist old bastard won't allow anyone from much further away than that to be the man. 

Sheamus has been the champion several times. Jinder Mahal won the belt just because he was the closest thing they had to an Indian. Nakamura being a bit shit is a much bigger deterrent to his top guy status than his nationality is. He had an absolutely cracking debut match in NXT, and since then, he's been a disappointment near enough every time he's been on.

• Paid Members

Another Smackers cracker this week. The Lynch/Cena stuff was as fun as you’d expect, and the backstage skit with Shane/Miz was terrific. Cracking main event an’ all.

Also, this is one of New Day’s best ever promos IMO.

I loved the Becky / Cena stuff.  I wonder if they will finally take the plunge and allow inter gender matches, or will they just continue to tease it?  If WWE really is comic book nowadays, I reckon they could get away with it.  I got no impression of what they're planning for Cena for Wrestlmania though, seems like he'll just be popping up randomly for a bit.

The Mandy Rose thing is weird - feels like a bit of a step back having 2 girls fight over a guy.  Mandy does feel like a Diva throwback anyway though, I suppose.

The surprise stars of the show were of course that iconic duo, Charlotte's nipples.  Who picked out a see-through top!?

Rusev's promo was horrible this week, played out to nothing but canned heat.

Nakamura both last week and this week has been superb though, I'd like to see a couple more matches between these two.

Telling you now, Becky is going to be unbearable by Wrestlemania, whilst this segment with Cena was fun, especially her throwing him out and doing the "you cant see me" gesture, you can just tell that Becky is slowly switching her character up, smiling a bit too much and the whole pausing thing and waiting for the crowds approval. She also seems to have developed a bit of a stupid walk. Get her back to being the angry one who needs her title back.

Main event was great, that five and Bryan could easily be the new "Smackdown six" for me, if Orton is motivated, any combination of those guys would work.

Archived