Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

If the SmackDown half of TLC is going to be Bryan v AJ, Becky v Charlotte v Asuka, Hardy v Joe and Rey v Orton... well, that's so good I nearly forgot all PPV are cross-brand.

4 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Agreed. They have the power to make anyone look like an absolute superstar with video packages. It's absolutely crazy they don't do more of them, especially with debuting stars. It's such an easy and quick win for them.

It's more difficult to do it for newbies than it is with the likes of Jeff Hardy though, who we've grown up watching and have all the nostalgia for. It's like having two no-names do the Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels match. Even if the execution and pacing is spot-on, the history isn't there so it comes off hollow.

Daniel Bryan killing it again on Smackers, how is this even the same company? Fascinating that the Ambrose and Bryan turns have happened at roughly the same time on opposite shows but one is being executed so much better than the other.

• Paid Members

Daniel Bryan was fantastically hateable on this week's show. Brilliant episode of SmackDown this week. I reckon the new Daniel Bryan Vs Rey Mysterio for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania could be a blinder. I hope that's what they go with. 

• Paid Members

It's remarkable how one bad episode crept in because the "throw the toys out, here's your new direction" came down after Bryan pulled out of Crown Jewel/Becky got hurt so things kind of crashed, but once the writers knew where they were pointed, good episodes of telly to get there started happening again. Fuck Raw.

Bryan is spectacular. It’s so simple  what he’s doing too. Love that he’s adding new stuff to his arsenal to put the turn an new character over the top. The beat down was savage and Styles selling was fantastic, even the commentary was good. Bryan jumping Styles again as they went off air instead of standing around posing made it feel wild. Great episode of Smackdown again. 

6 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'd happily watch Bryan wrestle random people from the roster every week.

Good god yes the opener was fantastic. THAT’S how you can utilise the 205 guys not the ridiculous stuff raw is pulling every week. A fresh face in Ali is given just enough shine while the New Daniel Bryan gets to show his authority as champ and get his new shit over. It’s win win. It’s a shame the ad breaks gutted the match a bit.

The rap battle was fun. The thing I love about these guys is they can do comedy, they can smash pumpkins on eachothers heads and any other goofy shit they like never lose their credibility. Their matches speak for themselves. I think the Bar has helped Cesaro tremendously with injecting him with character. It would be nice to have some other faces in the tag division soon though. 

As good as Smackdown is those same WWE quirks still bug me. AJ got destroyed last week, why the fuck is he not after Bryan’s blood? They didn’t even need to get physical, just have him run Bryan off instead of letting him give Ali the same post match beating he gave him last week. 

Why the hell has The Man not been on colour commentary? I think they could have done more to roll with Becky since her return, maybe it's the fanboy in me . Credit to Charlotte though, she’s outshined her three weeks running.

It’s great how they’ve built Charlotte and Asuka back up to be fair. Cool image of Asuka standing tall to go home on and Lynch dangling over the table was pretty funny.

Las Vegas crowd were poor all night.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

Charlotte Flair is a great women's wrestler, can do most styles, strong athletic etc, I would say she works well in most gimmick matches I've seen her in, maybe her dad got her in the door but she's very well rounded, can talk, not to Becky or Alexa levels and wrestle, Banks & Asuka are probably better and I'm glad they are embracing the booes, she's a better heel. I would say she would be a good leader of a faction but Becky doesn't need her and Bailey doesn't suit what should be a heel group.if they want to do that silly 4 horsewomen thing.