Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

Looking forward to Jinder vs Brock becoming a title match and Jinder winning and transferring to Raw in order to boost India even more.

I could actually imagine this. Dodgy sneak pin with a Singh brother holding each of Brock's legs down? Three men to pin one sounds acceptable.

• Paid Members

Not that it mater, but before now did AJ actually get his one on one rematch for the WWE Title after he lost it at Elimination Chamber? Just thinking he went into the programme with Shane, while Orton and Bray feuded, then he was off with Owens while Orton and Jinder feuded. Would this be his first singles WWE title shot since losing the belt?

So It’s just been confirmed via WWE on Twitter that Cena is to be the. 5th man on Team Smackdown at Survivor Series.

Guess he’s not needed as special ref with AJ facing Lesnar now so found something for him to do - adds a bit more star power to the match.

The card for Survivor Series is looking pretty good right now, assuming Shield vs New Day does get added, looking forward to it

35 minutes ago, Doog said:

So It’s just been confirmed via WWE on Twitter that Cena is to be the. 5th man on Team Smackdown at Survivor Series.

Shame it has just been announced like that with him being a free agent, if he was still on TV during this period it could have made for some good television with both Angle & Shane vying for his services.

Shane/Orton/Roode/Nakamura & Cena is some team isn't it?

I'm almost wondering how long Survivors is going to be. Brock and Styles will probably go 8. Men's Survivors will be pushing 45. Shield/New Day could go 20/25 and tear the house down by itself. The Women's survivor match probably needs 15/20...if the champ/champ matches are to look competitive they'll need some breathing room too....this could be a long night, but a cracking show.

On the face of it, Cena is better placed as a member of the "main event" than as special ref. I may be giving the booking team too much credit, but this could be used to advance Red vs Blue. Have Shane bemoaning Angle "stealing" him from free agency, trying to turn Cena against Raw etc. But it will probably not even warrant more than a passing mention.

13 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

I'm almost wondering how long Survivors is going to be. Brock and Styles will probably go 8. Men's Survivors will be pushing 45. Shield/New Day could go 20/25 and tear the house down by itself. The Women's survivor match probably needs 15/20...if the champ/champ matches are to look competitive they'll need some breathing room too....this could be a long night, but a cracking show.

I thought the same, that's why I don't think Shield/New Day will actually be on the card, I could see them all, along with Owens/Sami getting involved in the mens 5 on 5 to be honest to make it a right big (but fun!) clusterfuck of a match.

Could easily see that going an hour and being the longest Survivor Series match in history.

If not then as someone else suggested further up maybe throw them in the tag match with the Uso's and the Bar.

Throw in 25/30 mins for the womens 5 on 5, then 15 mins or each for the tag match, IC/US match & womens singles match, and say 10 mins each for Enzo/Kalisto & Brock/AJ and I think that will be it, including entrances, adverts & backstage stuff.

14 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

Where has all this Cena as Ref talk come from?

Was this a Legitimate rumour going round I missed? would of been a strange use of Cena when he has limited Dates as it is 

I saw a poster with Cena in a ref shirt in between Mahal and Lesnar. How legitimate that was though is surely now in question.

Not sure Cena has limited dates in the same way as Lesnar has - if anything, they're only limited by when he's available, rather than being a specific number.

1 hour ago, mim731 said:

Not that it mater, but before now did AJ actually get his one on one rematch for the WWE Title after he lost it at Elimination Chamber? Just thinking he went into the programme with Shane, while Orton and Bray feuded, then he was off with Owens while Orton and Jinder feuded. Would this be his first singles WWE title shot since losing the belt?

He lost it to Cena at royal rumble .

Archived