Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

What I hate about the shirts is that it makes me consider the kayfabe logic that went into it. Everyone else, I can imagine GM Kurt Angle saying, "right lads, we need to all look on the same page, so I'm handing out these shirts", but what did the Shield do? Was Seth sat up all night at his sewing machine, or did Dean Ambrose ask a favour of one of the WWE seamstresses before turning up to invade Smackdown that day?

The Shield are "rebels" hence the half and half shirt, the most un-coolest rebels you will ever see, but rebels nonetheless .

Shield/New Day could be awesome, I'd open the show up with it and give it a good 20 minutes plus, I reckon though it will be lucky go half that, with it being more or less a Shield squash, think Brock against Joe/Strowman but in tag form.

With the build-up all told, I'm more excited for this show than I have been for a while, just because there's a lot of intrigue in the top two matches for me, and Shield/New Day is almost certainly going to be great fun as well.

Just thinking of the cross-ups in that ten man. Angle and Nakamura. Triple H and Naka. Joe and Cena. Balor and Naka. Braun and Shane. Finn and Cena. That thing should go 50 minutes and could be a masterpiece.

15 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Just thinking of the cross-ups in that ten man. Angle and Nakamura. Triple H and Naka. Joe and Cena. Balor and Naka. Braun and Shane. Finn and Cena. That thing should go 50 minutes and could be a masterpiece.

I really hadn't considered this. Damn. This match could be a match of the year given the right time. Am I right that the show is now 4 hours? I remember the 5 on 5 last year going long and being really quite good

• Paid Members

Yeah, that Survivor Series match is absolutely stacked, moreso than any I can think of in years. I'm sure it will be great, and has potential for some really surreal pairings, it's just a shame the build has been so flat.

No mention of HHH/Bobby Roode? 

I’m  really looking forward to this, with all the call ups from NXT I cant wait for some of the sequences between the 10 it could set up some potential Wrestlemania match ups too.

Also Styles/Brock will be 10 minutes of madness.  

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

How's Roode fairing on the proper show? I'm guessing he's just another face, these days?

Pretty much. Plus he was chucked in with Ziggler, which must be a bit like drinking your own piss.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Yuck. Such a shame, but not surprising. By current standards, Roode should really be at the top of the card, or at least made to look like he belongs there. 

I think he will in time. Once the pop and novelty of his entrance wears thin with the crowd, they will surely turn him heel- which he is better suited to by a mile. I think he'll be WWE champion within the next year or so.

There is no aura about Booby Roode on Smackdown at all, and it can't be put down to Ziggler either (although it doesn't really help).

His promo's have been awful, especially the one after he qualified for he Survivors team.

Him and Nakamura are just another couple of guys now who have interchangeable tag team main events with Orton etc against the likes of Owens etc.

Said it before, Roode is an entrance, 10 out of 10 for that, 5 or 6 out of 10 everywhere else. Don't have a 4th or 5th gear, just cruises along in 3rd having semi decent matches and cutting uninspiring promos. Nothing exciting about him at all in my opinion. He's lucky he's around during a time of absolute also rans and might get a run with the belt.

Archived