Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You just knew it was happening last night, as nothing had happened with Raw retaliating on SD since the initial "under siege" angle.  Like others say, they could do so much more with this as a storyline, given just the slightest thought, but instead they throw it together after the previous PPV, and expect everyone to just accept it the way it is, even though it makes no sense.

There was such a small window in which to build it, that they have had to condense what could be a superb 6 / 9 month storyline (perhaps start at the Rumble or something) into a matter of weeks - which in turn means they have to go with the "obvious" and ignore what doesn't work about that direction.

10 hours ago, Supremo said:

“We need to keep the top guys cool. How do we make sure The Shield don’t look like geeks in those shitty Raw T-shirts?”

” Sew half a Raw T-shirt to half a Shield T-Shirt for each of the three guys.”

”You’re a fucking genius.”

To be fair I preferred these t-shirts mainly for the fact they covered up half of the shitty shield t shirts

• Paid Members

They looked fucking ridiculous. The Shield T-Shirts are dorky. The Raw T-Shirtd are dorky. They shouldn’t be wearing either, but the worse option by miles is sewing them together. They absolutely have no idea of how to make people look cool and all three guys should be ashamed of themselves for not speaking up and allowing themselves to look so shit.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Supremo said:

All three guys should be ashamed of themselves for not speaking up and allowing themselves to look so shit.

Considering what's just happened to Kev & Sami, can you blame them for keeping schtum? Why take the risk?

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, seph said:

Considering what's just happened to Kev & Sami, can you blame them for keeping schtum? Why take the risk?

I get your point, and it’s indicative of what a mess the current climate is, but I reckon Roman could demand a lot more of Vince and the writing team than Sami or Kevin.

Genuine question, did The Shield ever wear anything other than the riot gear during their initial run? I know wearing T-shirts should be a minor thing, but it’s genuinely ruining the act for me. They look like such geeks.

Just now, Supremo said:

I get your point, and it’s indicative of what a mess the current climate is, but I reckon Roman could demand a lot more of Vince and the writing team than Sami or Kevin.

Roman has more sway because he is a company man. Turning down potential quick sell merch is the right start to not being a company man 

If he wants to keep his backstage support he has to pick his battles. Wearing a novelty shirt once or twice isn't worth it

I’m really looking forward to the shield and new day as a match in a vacuum. But it’s impossible to take it seriously. Three main eventers and former world champions vs a comedy mid card act. The thought of Roman selling for Xavier of Kofi is just ridiculous. 

That aside, should be a good match in isolation. 

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

I’m really looking forward to the shield and new day as a match in a vacuum. But it’s impossible to take it seriously. Three main eventers and former world champions vs a comedy mid card act. The thought of Roman selling for Xavier of Kofi is just ridiculous. 

That aside, should be a good match in isolation. 

I actually think the New Day’s run with the Usos has elevated them way beyond, “comedy mid-card act.” I’m sure I mentioned it when the Shield reunited; thanks to their incredible run on Smackdown this year, Shield vs. New Day had now become a dream match of mine. I can’t imagine it being anything other than a match of the year candidate. I’m expecting Shield vs. Wyatts at Elimination Chamber levels of awesomeness. They should genuinely put them on last.

Archived