Smackdown Discussion Thread

With social media playing a huge part in wwe these days i think theres a chance AJ Styles could win the title in Manchester. Then all theyd have to do is upload it online then fans can watch like when the U.S title changed in New York. Just show the closing moments and thatd make people tune in to Smackdown to see the whole thing. I might be slightly over optimistic as itd probably end in a dq or countout or no contest.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see them doing it with one of the main titles. Midcarder titles more likely, but unless it's completely unavoidable a main title change would happen on the TV show unannounced. The show might be on tape delay, but the show is still presented as if it were live, and I doubt you'd get much of a ratings increase (if any at all) by giving away a result beforehand. Why would you tune in when you know what the endgame is, there wouldn't be any drama to it because you'd just be waiting for (in this case) AJ to win.

And if AJ does win the title, does he take Jinder's place in the match with Lesnar? Only to get smashed there? Cos Brock isn't losing to anyone en route to 'The Plan' and would rob us of him launching The Singh Bros. into row 15 because they weigh less than that car door he nearly killed someone with, so what would be the point in it? Your switching for the sake of switching. This isn't the Cruiserweight title that no-one gives a shit about, it's the main belt on that brand, Jinder has been WWE Champion, and I can't believe I'm writing this, for nearly 6 months. Him losing the title after a decent length reign like that is meant to mean something, and that's not going to happen by having AJ win it at the first attempt on free TV with the result given away

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I can't see them doing it with one of the main titles. Midcarder titles more likely, but unless it's completely unavoidable a main title change would happen on the TV show unannounced. The show might be on tape delay, but the show is still presented as if it were live, and I doubt you'd get much of a ratings increase (if any at all) by giving away a result beforehand. Why would you tune in when you know what the endgame is, there wouldn't be any drama to it because you'd just be waiting for (in this case) AJ to win.

And if AJ does win the title, does he take Jinder's place in the match with Lesnar? Only to get smashed there? Cos Brock isn't losing to anyone en route to 'The Plan' and would rob us of him launching The Singh Bros. into row 15 because they weigh less than that car door he nearly killed someone with, so what would be the point in it? Your switching for the sake of switching. This isn't the Cruiserweight title that no-one gives a shit about, it's the main belt on that brand, Jinder has been WWE Champion, and I can't believe I'm writing this, for nearly 6 months. Him losing the title after a decent length reign like that is meant to mean something, and that's not going to happen by having AJ win it at the first attempt on free TV with the result given away

You make very good points there. The idea of Lesnar throwing the Singh brothers for miles is definitely appealing haha

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:26 AM, The King of Old School said:

If not, not a chance that AJ is winning, I suppose they will have the AJ/Rusev qualifier the week after.

:laugh:

I hope they don't just do a rematch next week and put it back on Jinder, AJ/Brock sounds like a real Main Event for a big show. I think he'll win it back on the India tour though to give there fans a "moment" in person.

Was hoping they might announce Sheild/New Day on this show, I have a feeling that this won't happen as the card looks pretty loaded as it is.

Corbin/Sin Cara & Charlotte/Natalya next week, another couple of potential title changes to further shake up Survivor Series so there is no heel vs heel matches anymore?

• Awards Moderator
1 minute ago, The King of Old School said:

:laugh:

I wouldn't feel bad about it! Nobody would've put money on it. 

I was surprised Shield didn't turn up to break up New Day's reverie. It's the only way the booking is going surely? Still a week of go-home yet I guess. 

I haven’t watched the ol’ Grappling in a very long time (by my standards), but if they genuinely do AJ/Brock I’m back like a flash.

They’ve put a bit of time into Jinder/Brock though haven’t they? Surely they just hotshot it back next week?

• Paid Members

Even if the plan is to put it back on Jinder in India, it’s so strange that they’ve switched the main event of Survivor Series after putting so much work into it already. I’m waiting for the news that Jinder failed a wellness test or something. 

AJ vs. Brock and New Day vs. The Shield though. This show is going to be boss!

40 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

They’ve put a bit of time into Jinder/Brock though haven’t they? Surely they just hotshot it back next week?

I'm still pretty sure that's what they will do.

The other option as I said in another post is to switch it back during the tour of India, I think it's Jinder/Owens that is advertised so they could make it a triple threat match with AJ and have Jinder pin Owens furthering the Jinder/AJ feud for Smackdown's December PPV.

Archived