Smackdown Discussion Thread

6 hours ago, Wrasslin said:

Here's the issue. The booking of this is a nightmare.

Smackdown can't lose everything but should Brock or The Shield be losing to anyone at this stage?

Are you going to bin off Asuka's unbeaten streak (assuming she's on the team) so Smackdown can win the women's match.

Is Baron corbin (who's feuding with Sin Cara) gonna go over the Miz who has been feuding with the Shield?

Isn't Asuka's streak advertised as "never been pinned or submitted". Could have her DQ'ed or whatever else.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Styles vs Mahal for the WWE Title has been announced for Smackdown in Manchester next week.

Doubt the title is changing hands as its a UK show but it’s odd this was scheduled for the December PPV and has been pushed up - they’d also already announced Rusev v Styles for a shot on the Survivor Series team next week.

Probably a ratings ploy but Mahal could potentially be hurt? Lesnar v Styles has a much better feel about it than Mahal mind

• Paid Members

Isn't it more likely because they have a Styles/Mahal programme at the moment, but need it done and dusted in time for Mahal VS Lesnar? Just something quick to tie the champ over because there are only so many Heyman promos you can have.

10 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Will Asuka even be in the match? 

I thought Raw would like up with Alicia Fox, Sasha Banks, Bayley, Nia Jax and Mickie James? 

You're probably right and that's how they'll protect her. But how shit does it make Angle look for not picking her.

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

You're probably right and that's how they'll protect her. But how shit does it make Angle look for not picking her.

In storyline, they've got team captain crazy Alicia Fox picking the team haven't they? She leaves Asuka out because she's crazy, gets a kicking from Asuka for it in the aftermath?

(Might have imagined that, though...)

They missed a golden opportunity to have Big E come out to Jive Soul Bro on Smackdown, IMO.

11 hours ago, Doog said:

Styles vs Mahal for the WWE Title has been announced for Smackdown in Manchester next week.

Is it definitely not a dark match?

If not, not a chance that AJ is winning, I suppose they will have the AJ/Rusev qualifier the week after.

53 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

They might get around that by saying it's Alicia Fox picking the team as she's the captain, and doesn't want Asuka stealing her spotlight or something? Bit of a feud to keep Asuka busy and away from the title for now.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Statto said:

They missed a golden opportunity to have Big E come out to Jive Soul Bro on Smackdown, IMO.

I saw the backstage skit but didn't get round to watching the rest of the show, but really hoped they'd give him that music. Damn shame. Am I right in thinking they no longer have the rights? They had the video on the Network at one point but then had it removed.

• Paid Members

I was expecting to find out Styles vs Mahal was going to be a dark match, then I saw Shane McMahon announced it on Twitter so I am now guessing it's on the show proper. 

Archived