Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Nikki leapt to mind for me as well, what with Cena coming back for the Smackdown team.

She could, in theory, quite easily work it as a final match without taking a bump or doing anything overly physically taxing/risky - hang out on the apron, tag in to throw that forearm finisher she was using, pin someone, get DQ’d or counted out chasing someone to the back. Something like that.

• Paid Members

I wonder if Triple H is willing to take a fall from Nakamura in order to reignite his NXT project. Looking at the lineup, that’s exactly what I’d do. Make it quick and violent, too. Nakamura tags in and just demolished him, with the announcers going crazy. It’ll never happen, of course, but it’s exactly what Nakamura needs.

I'm hugely excited by that 5 on 5 - I really hope that it goes on last. The amount of intriguing possibilities they've put together has got me planning on staying up for a WWE PPV for the first time since Wrestlemania.

Still can't get behind Lesnar/AJ, I've been let down once too many times by recent Brock matches to really get myself invested, which is a massive shame considering the amount of talent within that match. It's a really solid undercard in general actually. Shield vs New Day and BAR vs Usos sound quality. The only thing I couldn't give a fuck about is Miz/Corbin, and that's only because I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than watch anything featuring "THE LONE WOLF!".

5 hours ago, Supremo said:

I wonder if Triple H is willing to take a fall from Nakamura in order to reignite his NXT project. Looking at the lineup, that’s exactly what I’d do. Make it quick and violent, too. Nakamura tags in and just demolished him, with the announcers going crazy. It’ll never happen, of course, but it’s exactly what Nakamura needs.

I'm not sure Nakamura's worth it to be honest.  If he's going to do that I'd rather he put over Roode and maybe help Roode turn heel at the same time.

But as you say, not going to happen.  I'm assuming there'll be some shenanigans with Angle to kickstart that feud.  Which I am fine with although it will mean a LOT of Stephanie on tv over the next few months.

2 hours ago, BigJag said:

Is Charlotte injured? I know Bliss ko'ed her in the RAW invasion. It didn't really look like something that would keep her off Survivor Series, though.

Eh? Charlotte is facing Bliss in the Champion v Champion match after winning the SDL title on Tuesday and isn’t she?

I think the only thing that could have topped this Survivor Series line up and this is the fanboy in me I know, is if Smackdown somehow managed to persuade Goldberg back in the last few weeks and we saw Goldberg destroy Jinder Mahal and then face Brock Lesnar a year after their first meeting, if they had done the switch a few weeks ago there wouldn't even be a massive build up either to keep it fresh.

I still think NXT will play a part in the show, there is a good number of former NXT people in the match, all of which Triple H would have been close with, whats the odds that NXT all team up to 'steal' the show? 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Eh? Charlotte is facing Bliss in the Champion v Champion match after winning the SDL title on Tuesday and isn’t she?

Yep. Got mixed up with the women's Survivor match and the Women's title match.

Archived