Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:46 AM, PunkStep said:

I think Aiden English was always going to land on his feet and to be honest they were probably finding an excuse to get rid of Gotch, or at least split them up. I think originally they stuck them together in NXT to give English something to do as he was the one out of the two they were fleshing out before they formed the tag. Gotch wasn't doing anything.

It's a shame, as I'm a big fan of Simon Gotch - he had a reasonably unique style, and some really fun offence, and was a lot of fun to watch, while Aiden English is a much more obviously "WWE style" wrestler; though the character work from English is superb, and should guarantee him a spot on any roster. I've heard the odd rumour about Gotch being a bit of a prick, or difficult to work with, but from limited personal experience he's never been less than a gentleman, and a good laugh.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I've heard the odd rumour about Gotch being a bit of a prick, or difficult to work with, but from limited personal experience he's never been less than a gentleman, and a good laugh.

The rumour I read was he had a tear up with Sin Cara backstage, and all the heat was on Gotch, but no idea how true that is.

Ziggler is shite, but I actually thought his segment was pretty good this week, both in delivery and how it came across. If anything, I think the last 6 months has shown why they like Ziggler, but only to a degeree. They can happily have him as fodder for months on end, and even job him out to whoever they like, but when they need a face to put their 2nd title on or propel into a feud or story, he can seem fairly legitimate to the audience in a flash. 

Is this their way of bringing in that new title that was doing the rounds? Have somebody win the vacant title only for Ziggler to return with the new belt?

Really enjoyed last nights episode. Some cracking matches. Every championship was focused on and made to feel special too.

I’d love to see Nakamura win the Rumble and challenge AJ at Mania.

Good to see Jinder out of the world title picture too.

• Paid Members

Yeah, cracking episode of Smackdown that. The #1 contenders tag title match was fun as hell. 

It looks like we're going to get Styles vs Owens at the Rumble. It'll be a good match, but I'm a little bored of seeing those pair fight. Would much prefer Styles vs Zayn - probably not a strong enough match to headline a PPV on it's own so would make more sense to do this at the Rumble. 

A massive shame they're probably never going to capitalise on Rusev's massive popularity at the moment.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Would much prefer Styles vs Zayn - probably not a strong enough match to headline a PPV on it's own so would make more sense to do this at the Rumble. 

That doesn't matter- the title match won't headline the show anyway, the Rumble will. That's why they've afforded to stick the likes of Hardcore fucking Holly in there over the years.

I started humming Hardcore Holly's theme music to myself and it got me to thinking how pathetic it is that most WWE midcarders and jobbers in the early 00's had better theme music than most modern main eventers; AJ Styles has theme music which doesn't suit him at all, while Seth Rollins's theme music sounds like a shittier version of Steve Austin's alliance era theme music which was heavily criticized before quickly being reverted. I could go on.

Archived