Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/01/2018 at 9:09 PM, The King Of Swing said:

Loved the more aggressive Sami. He looked great beating down AJ.

The "let's just stick all the women in one match/segment" mentality needs to go away.

Heel Sami is awesome, I'm glad he's finding his groove on the main roster because he's been criminally underused since his call up.

A World Title run can't be far away. Heel Sami vs. Face KO would be an interesting dynamic considering it's always been the other way round but it would certainly be fresh.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Winston said:

A World Title run can't be far away. Heel Sami vs. Face KO would be an interesting dynamic considering it's always been the other way round but it would certainly be fresh.

Settle! Sami's found his groove as the stooge in a heel double act, he's nowhere near being a World Champion. Take Kev away from him and you lose what's making him so entertaining right now. They won't turn Kev any time soon, he's the closest they have to a main event heel on SmackDown until the inevitable Orton turn. Which should be any week now.

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

State of Daniel Bryan's hair ffs. Would imagine it's in that in between stage for him to grow it out in preparation for returning to the indies.

That was the first thing I noticed, so much that I couldn't digest whatever he was talking about. Looks like a mid-90s student having just binge watched his Newman & Baddiel tapes.

• Paid Members

In other threads I've already speculated (1) the boring babyface build for AJ v Nakamura could feature them winning the tag titles from the Usos, then when its FINALLY time for the two goodies to get feisty, sow seeds of dissension and have them drop the belts to Zayn and Owens. Or (2) that they could build that match for the ppv in between, and if desired, have Owens and Zayn win the belts before said match. Then start the spat proper between AJ and Shinsuke when they get beat. On the assumption, at the time, that AJ may not have defended the belt on Fast Lane (which we now know not to be the case).

Nah, let's just spunk the match between the two babyface main eventers and the excellent antagonists away on the next TV after the Rumble, and give it a clean finish, with zero days build. No clamour for that match any more, with eight weeks still to fill between AJ and Nakamura. It's like they dont even want to tell a story. Except they do.... they want to tell, prematurely, a dissension story between the two heels, en route to a second consecutive Styles ppv defence with zero suspense that he might lose.

It doesn't have to be hard to tell decent stories but fuck me...... Styles & Nakamura v Kev and Sami could have been interesting and could have been built to, but from bean to cup they've fucked this one up.

• Paid Members

It feels as if when they did the Superstar Shuffle last summer they've done a creative team shuffle as well, because Smackdown took a huge dip in quality and Raw suddenly started being a lot less bad. Could it have been another case of Vince not being happy that the "b-show" was being talked about in higher regard than Raw?

Archived