Smackdown Discussion Thread

The Carmella bit irritated me.  She's a heel, I know, so would make a mistake, but also as a heel why when she ran down to the ring would she just stand there waiting for the referee to have a 5 minute conversation with with the ring announcer (because the ring announcer can't understand the concept of what's going on and needs it explained to him in very explicit detail) and give Charlotte time to recover while waiting patiently for the bell to ring.  Why not beat her down while waiting for the bell to ring.  One of those things I suppose.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

She went to do that when Charlotte started to stir but hit the ref, didn't she? Should she not have just given the briefcase straight to the timekeeper then hit the ring?

20 hours ago, air_raid said:

In other threads I've already speculated (1) the boring babyface build for AJ v Nakamura could feature them winning the tag titles from the Usos, then when its FINALLY time for the two goodies to get feisty, sow seeds of dissension and have them drop the belts to Zayn and Owens. Or (2) that they could build that match for the ppv in between, and if desired, have Owens and Zayn win the belts before said match. Then start the spat proper between AJ and Shinsuke when they get beat. On the assumption, at the time, that AJ may not have defended the belt on Fast Lane (which we now know not to be the case).

Nah, let's just spunk the match between the two babyface main eventers and the excellent antagonists away on the next TV after the Rumble, and give it a clean finish, with zero days build. No clamour for that match any more, with eight weeks still to fill between AJ and Nakamura. It's like they dont even want to tell a story. Except they do.... they want to tell, prematurely, a dissension story between the two heels, en route to a second consecutive Styles ppv defence with zero suspense that he might lose.

It doesn't have to be hard to tell decent stories but fuck me...... Styles & Nakamura v Kev and Sami could have been interesting and could have been built to, but from bean to cup they've fucked this one up.

Exactly. Say they'd built that match off the whole "legal man wansnt pinned thing" so Sami and Owens have a legitimate gripe. Have the tag match at the PPV with the stipulation hat if Sami and Zayn win they're added to the main event if wrestlemania. 

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

Exactly. Say they'd built that match off the whole "legal man wansnt pinned thing" so Sami and Owens have a legitimate gripe. Have the tag match at the PPV with the stipulation hat if Sami and Zayn win they're added to the main event if wrestlemania.

I didn't even think of that as a twist on the old February "defending the shot" deal, like it. See, time and time again the writers just seem to throw things together and miss great avenues to tell stories and while the destination ends up the same, the journey is far less interesting.

Incidentally that's an awesome typo : I wish Danny Bry or Kurt wore "the stipulation hat" when booking a gimmick match.

"Yes, there will be a rematch at Night of Battlelash, but.... it will be no ordinary rematch...... (slowly raises hat to head)" Crowd : "OOOOOOOOOOO!"

• Paid Members

Does the stipulation hat have a list of consequences in that get chosen at random, along the lines of "Spin the wheel, make the deal"?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, FUM said:

How many weeks of SmackDown do you reckon you could miss before you didn't know the storylines?

You could watch Smackdown weekly and still not know the Dolph Ziggler storyline. Wins the US title, fucks off for a bit, comes back to be number 30 in the Rumble, fucks off for a bit again, is now coming back next week for no apparent reason. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Supremo said:

You could watch Smackdown weekly and still not know the Dolph Ziggler storyline. Wins the US title, fucks off for a bit, comes back to be number 30 in the Rumble, fucks off for a bit again, is now coming back next week for no apparent reason. 

To have the commentators try and make a big deal of his 'six weeks' away is clutching at all of the straws at once. No one cares. Further - no one cares about who hes facing either. Meh. 

• Paid Members

When is Dolph’s contract up? Is the past twelve months of his career an attempt to make him absolutely worthless by the time he leaves? It’s the only thing that makes any sense. He’s the definition of go-away heat.

• Paid Members

I don't think he's been arsed since Miz went to Raw. They had a decent feud over the belt. Ziggler cut some cracking promos to build to matches. Heck they had some half decent matches. Stick him on Raw for a program with Miz to see whether that can jumpstart him again, and if not then send him off down the road.

Roode Vs Orton could be interesting. I assume they're doing that at Fastlane.

Ziggler peaked the night he won the World title, the Raw after WM29. And that was because we were all waiting for it to happen at WrestleMania! His backstage ‘Hi I’m Dolph Ziggler’ skits were a rib from the start. Thing is, he’s gonna draw money elsewhere now (admittedly not take money away from WWE, but he’ll main event all over) 

Either, they don’t want to let him go because of that, or, what I believe, is that Vince has a massive bet on with someone that they can convince him he’s good and keep hold of him for a certain period of time. I reckon Vince is about to win his bet and fund a Football league! 

• Paid Members

Dolph just needs to fuck off for a year. He even said as much in an interview recently. Think it was the Edge and Christian podcast. But basically he said he needs to go away for a long time to make people care when he comes back. So even he gets it. It’s no good bringing him back after a few weeks or 6 weeks as it was the last time. 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Supremo said:

When is Dolph’s contract up? Is the past twelve months of his career an attempt to make him absolutely worthless by the time he leaves? It’s the only thing that makes any sense. He’s the definition of go-away heat.

Indeed. I haven't been remotely arsed with SD since he's been back. I'm going to assume it's my subconscious telling me 2 hours of my Mum tackling Lexington Steele is more welcome than 10 minutes of Ziggler on the telly (Freud and shit, eh?).

Archived