Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

Its baffling that 6 weeks out from Wrestlemania and he isn't even on the show at all!!!

Given the way they've booked him recently, that's the best use of him. I'd rather see vids of him training or talking about his background to build him up. Everything is better outside of the in-ring promo for most guys but especially Naka.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

Has Becky Lynch done something to hack off the top brass? She's gone from the first female draft pick, first SD champion and pivotal in the turnaround of the division to now being a cursory afterthought for the majority of the last year or so. I know they've been pushing a good few others, but as an overall performer and character, she's light years ahead of the majority of the division. It's such a waste as she's probably the most entertaining of the female division on social media and it's a shame to not utilise her personality in front of the crowds.

Also, add me to those wholly not arsed about the 5-way at Fastlane. AJ was never going to lose, but having those two dunces involved now dilutes the Owens and Zayn storyline and it suggests they'll be in a multi-man at Mania. Saying that, if it's a choice between that or something with Shane, it's a blessing.

EDIT: not fantasy booking by any stretch, but given it's a few weeks off until the PPV, you don't think they're going to do the 'well if Raw think they're the only one who can have an Elimination Chamber match' thing and have Shane insert himself into the match so they spend an hour doing stunts? It'd provide a bit more interest, but likely overkill having three EC matches in the space of a few weeks.

At a guess the card is probablyĀ looking like

Roode vs Mahal vs Orton

New Day vs Gable and Benjamin

Usos vs Bludgeon Brothers

Womens title Charlotte vs Ruby Riott??Ā 

WWE Title

Stick the other 2 from riot squad vs Naomi and Becky Lynch as the preshow

Maybe have Rusev vs Nakamura to fill time, though not sure how you get to that match butĀ can't see what else Nakamura can do other then come out at the end of the title match and point at the sign

Ā 

• Paid Members

That's 4 matches, you normally have 7 (plus 1 on the pre-show) for a PPV unless there is a big time-consuming gimmick match like a Survivor Series main event. I don't think the 5-way will go much longer than a standard match either.

Ā 

edit: response to Shy Dad

New Day/Gable n Benjamin segment the worst of the year so far? They had a fight over a dropped pancake? just so I have it correct.

I'm at a loss with Ziggler. an absolute loss, is he a heel still? Why does he keep saying he does the ring stuff better than anyone when he loses EVERY big match, and feud he's in. I don't get it, I don't get him and I don't get the booking.

• Paid Members

I liked the start of the show this week as it was completely against the usual pattern, and offered a bit of that 'anything can happen vibe'. Plus it meant that I didn't have to suffer through a Ziggler vs Corbin match.Ā I was a littleĀ dismayed though when Shane decided what he was going to do as a result of Owens and Zayn's action's. A tag match, between Ziggler/Corbin and Owens/Zayn looked the way to go (it would have kept Corbin and Ziggler confined to one match)Ā and the same stipulation could have been applied.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

Why does he keep saying he does the ring stuff better than anyone when he loses EVERY big match

Not just that, but he can't hold a candle to most of the roster these days. Years ago, he was a bit of a workrate pervert, but there are so many workers around that are more appealing in this respect. Those that fapped over Ziggler back in the day will fap far harder for the Styles, Nakamuras, Owens and Zayns of this world.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Has Becky Lynch done something to hack off the top brass? She's gone from the first female draft pick, first SD champion and pivotal in the turnaround of the division to now being a cursory afterthought for the majority of the last year or so. I know they've been pushing a good few others, but as an overall performer and character, she's light years ahead of the majority of the division. It's such a waste as she's probably the most entertaining of the female division on social media and it's a shame to not utilise her personality in front of the crowds.

There was some brilliantĀ speculation last year that the Himmler of wrestling, Kevin Dunn, wasĀ against pushing herĀ because he thinks her accent is daft.Ā 

Sheamus and Balor having acceptable accents, I assume.

2 hours ago, Philjax said:

That was truly one of worst Smackdowns I've ever seen. Fuck this PPV, whenever it is.

11th March. So that is three more Smackdown's for them to add more wrestlers/more stipulationsĀ to the Title match.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

There was some brilliantĀ speculation last year that the Himmler of wrestling, Kevin Dunn, wasĀ against pushing herĀ because he thinks her accent is daft.Ā 

Sheamus and Balor having acceptable accents, I assume.

Do you reckon there's any truth to that, or just Reddit chatter concluding this to be the case because he's they're new target man since Jonny Ace lost his power? Would Dunn have any say in creative? I always got the impression from Bruce that although he's the head honcho when it comes to production, he doesn't really have input in creative.

Archived