Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, D@mm said:

Yeah it is clearly obvious Shane O Mac is turning on Daniel Bryan, aligning with Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn.

Can you explain how you've arrived at that conclusion? Because that is not the "swerve" I am seeing happening, nor does it make a shred of sense. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mim731 said:

Can you explain how you've arrived at that conclusion? Because that is not the "swerve" I am seeing happening, nor does it make a shred of sense. 

Probably exactly why that’ll be what happens, to be fair ;)

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, D@mm said:

I was right about Sami Zayn and I will be right about this as well, wait and see.

You (and many, many others) may have been correct about the Zayn turn, but they were signposting and teasing that for weeks. There was a logic to that. How exactly do you spin the motivation for Shane to join Owens and Zayn? Why would he? And if so, why has he spent weeks trying to screw them over? It's nonsensical. 

If anything, I suspect Bryan and Shane are going to swerve everyone and it'll turn out their fall out was all part of the plan. Even that only makes marginally more sense, but turning Shane is a terrible idea. 

• Paid Members

In addition to my prediction of Nakamura winning the Rumble and fighting Styles at Mania, I'm throwing this out there : the boring babyface match build will include the pair of them winning the tag belts from the Usos, then dissent causing them to lose them to Kev and Zayn.

Who should hold them for at least two or three years.

• Awards Moderator
7 minutes ago, air_raid said:

In addition to my prediction of Nakamura winning the Rumble and fighting Styles at Mania, I'm throwing this out there : the boring babyface match build will include the pair of them winning the tag belts from the Usos, then dissent causing them to lose them to Kev and Zayn.

Who should hold them for at least two or three years.

And thereby resulting in the Usos not getting on the WrestleMania card AGAIN. This is definitely happening.

• Paid Members

I can't help but think we're on our way to Nakamura vs Orton at Mania.

They were put together as a "dream team" a lcouple of months back, and have been loosely linked ever since then, one way or another. They've started to sow the seeds of dissent/one-upsmanship - case in point Nakamura's "Let's rumble!" interruption of Randy declaring himself in the match.

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

And thereby resulting in the Usos not getting on the WrestleMania card AGAIN. This is definitely happening.

Nah, they will be on the card. I'm hoping for a TLC match involving the Usos, New Day, Zayn/Owens and either Bludgeon Brothers or Benjamin/Gable to round it off.

There's no way the New Day won't be on the show, I highly doubt they will face Usos alone again and I can't think of anything else obvious to do with them. Plus, it gives Zayn/Owens something as they surely won't put them against Shane again, because we've had Owens/Shane plus who really wants to see that.

• Paid Members

I think Usos v Kev & Zayn might actually be a straight tag match as you'll have your (quite accidental) face team pretty popular and a hot heel team having recently knocked off the two big babyfaces to win them. Raw tag belts might be a multi team cluster as there is no obvious straight tag match I can see unless Deano is back by then and they wanted to go back to Bar vs Ambrose & Rollins.

AJ & Nakamura vs Owens & Zayn makes even more sense now I remember that rumoured Fast Lane main event fiveway with the four of them and Orton. I shudder to think what's left for Orton if he is the odd man at Mania. Roode? Corbin? Ziggler??? Ew.

• Paid Members

Strangely, I was reading in last week's Observer that Orton is meant to have two months off between February and April. Although he would likely still have something going on at Mania, as I'm sure he wouldn't want to miss out on that payday.

Maybe they do an injury angle for him with somebody in February and he makes a surprise return at Mania and back on TV the next Smackdown or something like that. 

Or, more likely, he's just not working house shows for those two months, since he's on a reduced schedule as it is. 

19 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I shudder to think what's left for Orton if he is the odd man at Mania. Roode? Corbin? Ziggler??? Ew.

If Jinder wins the US title then I can see them doing Jinder/Orton, just to have Orton on the card.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I shudder to think what's left for Orton if he is the odd man at Mania. Roode? Corbin? Ziggler??? Ew.

Hopefully nothing. As good an in-ring performer as he is, I honestly can't think of a single feud that would interest me involving him or a match of his I'd be clamouring to see at WrestleMania. They will put him on the card for the sake of it due to loyalty, as they have done with Kane many a times over the year, but I don't think they should. Stick him in the Andre crumble for a payday if anything.

@DJM That United States title tournament is surely for Roode to win. I'm hoping anyway, mainly as I don't want to see Jinder hinder any wrestling shows again. Seeing as Roode really needs to turn heel at some point, I think the Rumble would be a good time to do it- cheating to beat a plucky Xavier Woods in the final. As for WrestleMania- maybe Roode/Cena?

• Paid Members

There isn't an obvious match for Cena is there? Before it became clear that Kurt's too far gone, that we won't get Kurt v Triple H, and the rumours (and booking of the Survivors main) seemed to suggest Hunter against Braun, I got it in my head they might have done Cena vs Strowman. Keep the monster strong by having him beat Cena which the commentators can sell as a big deal. Even though Cena's lost to half the roster over the last three years.

But yeah, Braun v HHH is clearly a better idea to them.

• Paid Members

I'm sure I read somewhere that the idea of the US tourney is to get Ziggler back in Mania season to do the whole Michaels vs Ramon unification ladder match about who's the true champion with whoever comes out of the tournament champion (probably Roode). If his contract is up when it is as well it could really just be a case of giving him a mania moment before he leaves as a thank you for his work for the past 12 or so years. 

Archived