Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

Didn't Kofi have a little program with Orton about 10 years ago on Raw over the US title and it was alright?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

The New Day are the prime example of what Bryan's vendetta is about, consumerism, unhealthy food, materialistic merchandise machines. Putting Kofi against Bryan isn't actually the worst idea in the world as the 11 years thing, finally wanting to win the big one and having New Day to negate the Rowan factor could all work. 

Would be fresher than Styles vs Bryan 8.

I do quite like this logic, but it also kind of convinces me that John Cena is Bryan's most natural opponent. Beyond the food part, no-one represents the machine the New Daniel Bryan is raging against more than Cena. Then there's the title record to add extra importance, a personal aspect that could give it extra edge and the fact that they're two legit stars to help sell the show. It just seems to make sense if it's a possibility. I haven't really been keeping up on Cena's schedule or health though.

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Didn't Kofi have a little program with Orton about 10 years ago on Raw over the US title and it was alright?

It was inevitable somebody would mention this, and how good the angle where he smashed Orton's car was.

Sounds like a great little idea- whether it goes beyond EC for Kofi or not. It's better than just having Styles or someone else win it, at least Kofi is now more than just making up numbers and they're telling the world he could win it. Pitcos is no doubt delighted.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It wasnt about the US title but it was certainly a program. Unfortunately they got it arse backwards, instead of being left alone with Punk and Orton at Survivor Series and coming close but valiantly failing, THEN beating Orton at TLC and receiving a proper elevation, he won at Survivors then was unceremoniously swatted back down to the midcard at TLC where he remained/remains forever.

Now that it’s been mentioned, I honestly can’t recall Kofi ever having had a match for the title. He was in the Elimination Chamber that year that Edge jumped him from behind and took his place (2009?) and that Royal Rumble match were Reigns defended it, but I’m struggling to think of any others, unless it happened on house shows?

31 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Now that it’s been mentioned, I honestly can’t recall Kofi ever having had a match for the title. He was in the Elimination Chamber that year that Edge jumped him from behind and took his place (2009?) and that Royal Rumble match were Reigns defended it, but I’m struggling to think of any others, unless it happened on house shows?

He was in a Chamber match the following year that Cena won, just before Mania 26. He made a big deal of looking behind himself constantly during his entrance, which I thought was a nice touch. I don't think he's ever had a 1v1 for the title, though. 

3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

It was inevitable somebody would mention this, and how good the angle where he smashed Orton's car was.

Sounds like a great little idea- whether it goes beyond EC for Kofi or not. It's better than just having Styles or someone else win it, at least Kofi is now more than just making up numbers and they're telling the world he could win it. Pitcos is no doubt delighted.

I am delighted! If Cena's not in the mix for the WWE title at Mania, I'd absolutely love them going with Bryan vs Kofi. As others have mentioned, New Day are prime enemies for Bryan, and there's the eleven years thing for Kofi. It could be a hell of a story on the way to WrestleMania, and while it'd be weird for Kofi to be in a WWE title match on that show, it's more novel than any of the other SmackDown options. I'd be absolutely chuffed to be in the crowd for Kofi to finally win the big one on the grand stage. 

• Paid Members

I'd never even considered Harper/Rowan/Bryan vs. The New Day. That would be fantastic. Hopefully they show that footage of Big E giving Bryan the eye as he scoffed some fried chicken from a few week's back. That was so great.

Let the campaign for Vegan pancakes start now! 

9 hours ago, Supremo said:

I'd never even considered Harper/Rowan/Bryan vs. The New Day. That would be fantastic. Hopefully they show that footage of Big E giving Bryan the eye as he scoffed some fried chicken from a few week's back. That was so great.

What video is this? I’ve tried Youtube but had no luck?

Archived