Smackdown Discussion Thread

17 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Yay the suspended Becky Lynch went on a rampage tonight and... oh, no she didn't.... oh well, Rey Misterio and Andrade were....oh, no, not even on the show..... well I guess that Asuka did... oh no, she wasn't there this week and wasn't last week either....

I mean yay for Kofi but otherwise... eugh....

This week aside from the Charlotte opening promo was all about building everything for the Chamber and even that was to mention she'll be front row for Rondas Match at EC

There's no need to have Mysterio and Andrade clashing again for no reason when if they are facing each at Mania we still have 7-8 weeks of shows for that or Asuka just appearing for no reason, they gave her a good video last week that did more to get her over then any pointless match would have anyway

Thats something Smackdown does well I feel in most cases it dosnt try to force everyone on the show like Raw (Being 2 hours instead of 3 helps of course) which just leads to everyone sick to death of seeing the same match up over and over  

EDIT: yeah as the 2 above me said as well, seems we all posted the same ideas at roughly the same time

Edited by MVP RULZ

• Paid Members

The Kofi display is fairly typical false dawn booking designed to make us buy someone as having a chance when they've got zero chance at all. That's not to say it's not fantastic that he went back-to-back-to-back over Bryan, Hardy and Joe, but he'll be back in his usual spot from next Tuesday, and for the rest of the year. I'd like to be wrong, but let's try and keep our excitement grounded.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, air_raid said:

The Kofi display is fairly typical false dawn booking designed to make us buy someone as having a chance when they've got zero chance at all. That's not to say it's not fantastic that he went back-to-back-to-back over Bryan, Hardy and Joe, but he'll be back in his usual spot from next Tuesday, and for the rest of the year. I'd like to be wrong, but let's try and keep our excitement grounded.

This is the most frustrating thing about WWE to me, and I first noticed it when John Cena was doing his US Title Open Challenge. They're fantastic at giving a wrestler the space to put on a star-making performance, but dreadful at capitalising on it and actually making them a star.

47 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Yeah I hate the overused idea of making wrestlers look good. Bastards.

You don't have to do it the same way every time. Same as every one ever who looks like becoming a star doesn't have to be in a feud with Vince just because Stone Cold was. 

• Paid Members

Good show and completely on board with not everyone being used in the same way. One of the best things about NXT is how they rotate the talent in such a way to constantly keep things fresh and exciting. Obviously that's in part due to having an hour less to play with but there's no reason why Smackers couldn't employ a similar principal. 

4 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

She's suspended.

I believe I mentioned that.

Just wasn't for me this week.
I don't think it was a particularly well written show to be honest - it wasn't bad by any means but it's just comes across to me as a bit lazy and uninspiring.
Maybe it's because I have no confidence his pin over Bryan will mean anything at all for Kofi going forward and I could honestly care less about pretty much everyone in the tag team EC match. I just don't feel the product in general [aside from one or two exceptions] is hooking me at all like 'WrestleMania season' usually does yet.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I believe I mentioned that.

Yeah I know, hence why your critique of Becky not showing up was so weird. She's suspended; why would you expect her to show up??

Oh, and Superemo has all ready pulled you up on this but fuck it;

11 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Maybe it's because I have no confidence his pin over Bryan will mean anything at all for Kofi going forward and I could honestly care less about pretty much everyone in the tag team EC match.

3vP2z.png

I could care less how ashamed you feel!

But in all seriousness. Chuffed for Kofi. I’ve been saying he should get a “one last chance at the big time” push for ages and believe the crowd would get behind it. I’d totally buy it as a WrestleMania match. I’d even have him win. Plus you get the added bonus of a jealous Big E turning heel down the line. Or a respectful Big E best him and Kofi turns out of jealousy.