UKFF'S TOP 50 FAVORITE TV DRAMAS

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

I still haven't watched it, and I've been a fan of John Simm since forever, The Lakes I guess. From the clips I've seen Phillip Glennester does look brilliant in it, I must borrow the boxset from my folks.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Awards Moderator
Still surprised how much the UKFF like soaps. Never understood the appeal.

Too many commoners on this forum.

Indeed *sniffs, adjusts monocle and wipes boot on nearest poor person*

• Paid Members
I still haven't watched it, and I've been a fan of John Simm since forever, The Lakes I guess. From the clips I've seen Phillip Glennester does look brilliant in it, I must borrow the boxset from my folks.

It's great TV. Ashes To Ashes wasn't far off being just as good. Well worth seeing.

• Moderators

I never watched Life on Mars because it seemed like it was too self-awarely tapping into that whole "Weren't fings better in the 70s when men were men and there was no health and safety and DOES EVERYONE REMEMBER THE TESTCARD GIRL?" The Time Travel thing seemed like a nifty device to get a cop show made where coppers could hit people again and pinch women's arses like they did on TV when everything was brown and stank of smoke, without just straight-up pitching a 70s cop show.

That Gene Hunt bloke seemed like he was everywhere at one point, with the actor just doing the character on chatshows as himself, talking about how everyone these days is a poof. And then there's shit like this.

The-Wit-And-Wisdom-Of-Gene-Hunt-9780593065075.jpg

I did catch the last ten minutes of the finale (meaning I have the right to judge the entire series), to witness Daniel Mays acting like he was in a fucking panto, yet again.

• Paid Members
I did catch the last ten minutes of the finale (meaning I have the right to judge the entire series), to witness Daniel Mays acting like he was in a fucking panto, yet again.

That was sort of the point of those last few minutes considering who he was supposed to be, though.

• Moderators

That was sort of the point of those last few minutes considering who he was supposed to be, though.

Probably why they cast that balcony-playing fuck. His 'learning difficulties' character in Red Riding was like the Joey Deacon impressions we'd do at school.