UKFF'S TOP 50 FAVORITE TV DRAMAS

LaGoosh

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Twin Peaks was my 11, I just always feel let down by the shoddiness of the 2nd season, didn't help Lynch was made to reveal the killer sooner than he wanted to. If it were modern day we'd be on season 4 and not know the killer. Fucking ABC!

• Paid Members

14)

"What would you do, to hold your wife again? To feel the warmth of her skin, the taste of her lips? How many men would you kill? A hundred? A thousand? There stands but one between you and her."

spartacus-blood-and-sand.jpg

Spartacus

Voted number 1? Yes.

What's it about?

This ultra-violent, sex filled hyper-stylised series follows the life of Spartacus from his days as a gladiator slave of the arena to the leader of an uprising against the Roman Empire. Often overlooked due to it's comic book look and adult content, in this show you will find some incredible performances, complex beautiful writing and amazing fight scenes.

What do you say?

"The greatest series ever. EVER. The only people who disagree are those who haven't seen it, or the helmets who dropped out during the -- admittedly pretty bad -- opening 3 episodes, and never got to witness the extraordinary rise in quality that followed. The writing is unbelievably strong, with twists that shock you out of your trousers, while remaining true to the story, a foul-mouthed cod-ancient dialogue that gives the show its unique rhythm, and fight choreography that's absolutely second to none. The S1 finale stands as the most exhilarating hour of action ever, and I'm including ALL TV and film in that statement, while the series finale was so emotionally draining, I think I have PTSD.

General opinion puts The Wire and Breaking Bad above everything else, but I think history, with its streaming and box set binging, will bear out Spartacus as the third, untouchably great show, and for me, it's the one at the top."

"Blood, violence, sex and every depravity you could mention. John Hannah was pure gold in the first series and the prequel. Andy Whitfield was also superb. Liam McIntyre does an admirable job replacing him. Hats off to Jason Hood for his portrayal of Cossutius, the most perverse character of all time. Jaime Murray was still annoying."

Edited by LaGoosh

I didn't send in a list, but I did make one, and I think this is the first one to come out so far that was on it. Absolutely brilliant show. I watched it all over the course of a few months this year, and was incredibly impressed. It ticks so many boxes for what I want in a TV show.

Edit: I had Sons of Anarchy on my list as well, actually.

Edited by King Pitcos

Voted number 1? No.

What do you say?

"The greatest series ever. EVER.

Yet they didn't vote it number one? They must have voted for a one off, then.

Edited by Keith Houchen

Could have been tactical voting. Assumed Spartacus would get in anyway, but gave the number one spot to something they thought less people would vote for. But yeah, bad choice of words. Explain yourself, Woyzeck.

Edit: Or LaGoosh, if you've fucked it up somehow.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

That was a fuck up by me. I've changed it now. Sorry! It was indeed voted 1.

Or LaGoosh, if you've fucked it up somehow.

That somehow being accidentally writing 'No' instead of 'Yes'.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Awards Moderator

I never took Spartacus seriously after Charlie Brooker put the spotlight on it (that is the same series - Blood and Sand - right? Not a different show?) so I never bothered to check it out.

Still distraught at the criminally low placing for Mad Men. Heathens the lot of you. My opinion really isn't jiving with the majority of this list!

Edited by Black2

• Awards Moderator
That's the one. Don't listen to Brooker. Spartacus is great. The episode "Kill Them All" is one of the most insane brilliant 60 minutes you will ever have watching television.

I'm not excusing him but I think there'd only been two episodes on at that point, and it was all OTT blood and buggery.