The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Seems a step to far for Reigns now. A few months back it was put down to smarks. Now its nearly the whole arena booing the shit outa him as he sells a bloody heel beat down. Mania will be no different. He is a failed experiment of how no to try and get someone over. Diesel is the only one on the same level they took a kick ass killer and turned him into a grinning smiley happy pussy cat.

Shanes verbal attack on steph was way close to the bone wasnt it? Stock price mention, ratings mention...ouch. 

Ryback turned heel? or did he? maybe.. maybe CM Punk was right he is dumb as fuck. Kane having to shout at him to walk off was a highlight. 

Dean ambrose vs Brock has a Foley vs Vader vibe about it. which is a good thing, and much better than Brock vs Wyatts.

My interest in Maina went from zero to Hype in one RAW 

• Paid Members

They should have pulled the trigger with the Reigns push when he broke the eliminations record at the Rumble in 2014 and had him win, then they could have finagled the shot off him somehow, or even left him to be the third man between D-Bry & Orton in the Mania 30 triple threat main event. The year after, when we knew he was winning, he got a late draw and just hasn't appeared bothered for his whole run. Rather than being a workhorse like Cena to justify why he deserves to be at the top in spite of the boos he seems to be carrying himself with this entitled attitude of "I'm the top guy, what are you going to do about it?" and the fans' response is total apathy. Not booing him, just failing to acknowledge him. I think an audible will be called, and it'll be the Triple H Mania 19 audible whereby he'll retain the title against Reigns at 'Mania but not in the main event as Ambrose Vs Lesnar or Shane/whoever Vs Undertaker will go on last because short of another nonsense segment or Truth Vs Adam Rose match the crowd would be dead having to watch through those two matches before Trips Vs Roman. Also, how awesome would it be if the contents of Shane's lockbox was the old chain that Cena used to use as the Doctor of Thugonomics and that Cena was the one brought back to face the Deadman in hell in a cell?

• Awards Moderator

They should have pulled the trigger with the Reigns push when he broke the eliminations record at the Rumble in 2014 and had him win

I used to think this, but having watched it again recently, what I had remembered as 'the crowd really got behind Reigns as he kept eliminating people like a killer and would have popped huge if he'd won' turned out to be more like 'the crowd weren't actually fussed about Reigns, and to be honest anyone other than Batista would have got the same reaction Roman did in that position'. It was more like Rusev in the 2015 Rumble than a genuine star making moment. It could have still worked but it would have been a much bigger gamble than the rose-tinted memories told me.

• Paid Members

Plus, Reigns would still probably be struggling to play the character they're after. If they went with him a year earlier maybe the crowd would have booed him less, but I think it's always been destined to come to this given Reigns' qualities and the way Vince wants him to be every week. Both of these elements don't blend into a proper main eventer - Reigns was supposed to be Steve Austin by now.

• Paid Members

Triple H V Reigns match aside I think WrestleMania is looking quite tasty already.

Annoyingly, you're right. For all the shit, I've always looked forward to this match because I still think the two guys can put on a brilliant match. But there's no chance of that now unless Reigns is full on heel. The dynamic is fucked, the crowd now hate Reigns en masse. It's Goldberg vs. Lesnar.

• Paid Members

I wouldn't quite say Brock VS Goldberg, the crowd didn't want either to win that one and booed the fuck out of both. They'll be cheering Triple H like mad. The dynamic is fucked as you say, so they need to do something to accommodate the crowds inevitable reactions (because after all, it's not just a live crowd issue anymore, it's a WWE Universe issue).

I was pretty shocked at Shane coming back, especially as I said to myself this would be in an interesting moment to bring Shane back a few seconds before. 

Now though i'm baffled by the booking. From the story-line perspective it makes sense to have Shane locked in a cell against a hell of an opponent. But I cant work out what the Undertakers motive would be for agreeing, he would need to be under the thumb of Vince or see wrong in what Shane is doing which means aligning with the authority or making a bigger deal over what's locked away by McMahon Jr. 

Also the story-line came out of nowhere a bit and I just feel some hints or buildup would have been nicer. It felt a bit like shooting your load instantly in that segment with the comeback, demands and booking. That could have been done over 2-3 shows if this is the actual match.

As said previously I'm not convinced the match will stay the same. However I think it will be Undertaker who is removed to have a separate match with Cena unless Shane is going to do a double turn with Vince slowly. I think Undertaker will refuse and we will get probably Strowman or all the Wyatts Vs Shane in the cell or maybe Ryback or something. Either way should be good fun to watch Shane bumping around the cell again

• Paid Members

Vince gave Taker his yard. Taker these days isn't dead still living, or a mortician, or whatever, he's a grizzled vet that cares about his Mania record and he's always said the WWE was his yard. If he doesn't think Shane is right (go back to the days of the Ministry or whatever of the spoilt brat trying to run the company) then he's the one to take him out. He's always seemed to have more of an issue with Shane than Vince storyline wise. It could work. 

As for a spoiler for next Monday

Taker's been announced to appear, pretty sure it was their instagram that told me that.

AJ Styles needs to sort his hair out, get rid of the fringe or wet it or something, and his ring gear looks too much like Adam Roses which is never a good thing.

Wonder who Brock was originally suppose to face before all the injuries and they had to shuffle the deck, cant imagine Wyatt was always the pick.

I'm a big Reigns fan so wanna see him succeed but in his current state it seems unlikely, as others have said 'turn him heel' get Ambrose as the top face coming out of Mania and reboot Reigns 

• Paid Members

Watched the Shane O segment of RAW & whilst it's completely nuts it's piqued my interest far more than a Sheamus, Strowman or possibly even Cena match would.

Ambrose & Lesnar should be top drawer. He's had his ups & downs but Ambrose is solidifying himself as a top face with this current run. I think I'd much have preferred Ambrose vs HHH in the Mania main even. Their interaction at the end of the Rumble had more chemistry then anything between Regns & HHH. Plus, you'd actually have a face/heel match that would elicit the desired reaction. Roman could've faced Brock in a brutal grudge match from last years Mania & maybe had his 'Orton moment' & actually gotten over.

Mania's looking better than I thought it would a couple of weeks ago. Still can't help but think it'll end with a stadium full of disgruntled customers at the end of the night which is completely avoidable. Vince being stubborn or HHH thinking 'I'm the best heel in the world, watch as I get him over?'

Vince gave Taker his yard. Taker these days isn't dead still living, or a mortician, or whatever, he's a grizzled vet that cares about his Mania record and he's always said the WWE was his yard. If he doesn't think Shane is right (go back to the days of the Ministry or whatever of the spoilt brat trying to run the company) then he's the one to take him out. He's always seemed to have more of an issue with Shane than Vince storyline wise. It could work. 

As for a spoiler for next Monday

Taker's been announced to appear, pretty sure it was their instagram that told me that.

I just don't buy that, Undertaker has never given a crap that Vince gave him the "Yard" has had a feud with Vince since Shane and is portrayed as a loner who can and does what he wants above the company. Shane would need to become a mega dick very quickly for this to work and give us reason for Undertaker to not want him as the boss. Right now Shane is being portrayed as the new savior who will modernize and take this company to new heights etc.

Edited by simonworden

• Awards Moderator

I wonder whether Triple H getting a face reaction this week... And Shane coming back to a face reaction... Whether it's going to lead to Triple H turning on Vince and Steph, and siding with Shane. It sounds stupid but at this point, anything could happen - maybe Triple H has been working with Shane all along and the Title has been taken away from the Authority right under their noses. Triple H has been preparing the next generation in NXT for a new, revitalised, Shane-led WWE.

You tie in the two big Mania matches with a common thread that way. As for Reigns, he's scuppered regardless so you might as well have Vince and Steph go to him and say 'we never thought we'd say this but you're our only hope, join us Roman, jooooiiiin us, you hate Triple H more than us don't you? Don't you?' And Reigns ends up sort of turning heel but mainly because he's going to be booed in the match anyway so they may as well embrace it with a get-out of him turning back at Mania or just after.

On the Undertaker front, let us not forget Vince BURIED HIM ALIVE in 2003. Sure, Kane helped and Taker's forgiven him now, but that's my counter argument to the idea of Taker having more of a problem with Shane than Vince. BURIED ALIVE!