The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

They need to jack this whole Roman Reigns thing in, for me. He's Memphis Depay. There's just so much wrong with him, you cant see where the potential came from. When Cena was getting torn to shreds, he was doing business and developed a fanbase with a certain section of the audience. Its well past the point of fixing him now.

• Paid Members

There was a bit where Reigns fist bumped a kid in the audience on his way out and it looked like it made his year, and it made me remember that Reigns could actually be cool as fuck. They've absolutely ruined him though, everything about he's been booked for 2 years and how he's been presented still wearing Shield cast off gear and using their entrance theme. He's an absolute disaster. He's the poster boy for this senile Vince Mcmahon "brass ring" era.

Triple H was loving it as well. Playing up the the cheers as he banged Reigns head into the announce table and throwing out crotch chops. I don't think I've seen him have such a great time burying someone since we were all up in arms about Booker T and Rob Van Dam. What an absolutely surreal and fantastic segment.

Edit - Also, Shane had a big impact on the rating it seems but there was a nasty third hour drop.

This week’s Raw, with the surprise return of Shane McMahon, drew a total of 3,884,000 viewers, up 651,000 viewers from last week’s show.

Hour one did 4,201,000 viewers, followed by 4,055,000 in the second hour, and then down to 3,396,000 in the third and final hour. From hour one to hour three Raw lost a whopping 805,000 viewers.

This was the best number since the post-Royal Rumble Raw which did nearly 4,100,000 viewers on average. Hour one and hour two also had the best number since that show. (Ratings credit: Showbuzzdaily.com)

Edited by Benno

He's certainly not been booked well, but a lot of Romans problems are also of his own making.

I've never ever seen a supposed top talent act so passive on screen. If he's interacting with somebody, regardless of their stature, his body language and mannerisms implicitly defers to them; he never looks the star he should mixing it with big names.

He lets scenes be stolen from under him. It's ridiculous. If you look at Cena, or Ambrose, or Owens or anyone really, even if they're not the focus of the scene they're active, performing in some way, not allowing themselves to become scene furniture or invisible passengers. Yet the minute Roman stops talking he immediately goes blank, like someone's taken out his batteries.

He's a great looking chap, and a whizz athlete, but I'm just not sure he's got an ounce of 'entertainer' in him.

Fairly common knowledge I would have thought.  They usually do a much better job of putting it under the ring after their entrance and hiding it from camera shot though.  Bit of a blunder there.  I think you could even notice the cameraman realising it was in shot then moving really quick before they cut away anyway.