The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I was dreading them doing Cena/Taker now that it's pointless. I can easily get behind this Shane madness instead. Should be a great, daft spectacle. And actually has something on the line. Don't think I've WTF'd so hard at a match announcement since they said they were going to do Taker/Bret on Raw in 2010.

I appreciate it when they get desperate and go mental. It's been too long.

• Paid Members

Don't think I've WTF'd so hard at a match announcement since they said they were going to do Taker/Bret on Raw in 2010.

Haha! That was the best bit of bait and switch since WCW.

I think, booked correctly, Shane v Taker could be an interesting build,

In essence, Undertaker is fighting FOR Vince and Stephanie to remain in charge.
It could be like the Devil and the Angel tug of war thing - Vince saying that Undertaker has this great 'legacy' at Mania and how that should be cherished and he is fighting to enhance that legacy. Shane could argue that The Undertaker has always been the conscience of WWE - and that he should think about his 'legacy' and how, under the Vince and Stephanie regime, talent is being wasted, new stars are struggling to break through, but under Shane's charge every talent will get a chance - new talent like Finn Balor and Sami Zayn that are being kept off the main roster by Vince and Stephanie (in storyline) will be allowed to shine every week on the world stage and that Undertaker's 'legacy' would be giving back to the business, swallowing his pride and losing at Mania to allow the next generation of the business to break through and carry the WWE to new heights. Hell, he could even say his RAW GM would be Daniel Bryan to REALLY get the fans behine the idea if he wanted.

You could then have Undertaker, saying that he doesn't trust a McMahon, ANY McMahon as far as he can throw them, including Shane, but that WWE under the current regime IS stagnating and he doesnt want to see the company that he has given his blood, sweat and tears for over 25 years for be ruined any further by the power-mad Stephanie, Vince and HHH.

Other WWE wrestlers could then get involved - Undertakers time has passed, he is not there full time, having to deal with the new regime constantly screwing with their livelihoods and making them in fear for their jobs. If they REALLY wanted to they could have Darren Young mention Titus' suspension to Undertaker backstage, and how Vince McMahon has to be stopped as Titus can no longer provide for his children and continue with the ambassador work he has been doing due to Vince suspending him.

It then leads to this whole 'What will The Undertaker do? What's most important to him? His WrestleMania legacy or getting Vince and co. out of power for good? Can he trust Shane? If he DID do the job at Mania, how does he know its not just one big swerve by the McMahon's?'

I'd be intrigued to see what happens if it played out like that and it would certainly make a 'WTF?!' match into an interesting and worthwhile Mania match in my opinion.

Long, long time lurker, first time poster here.

Why is everyone convinced that Undertaker v Shane is happening?  In my head, I have a scenario where next eek, Taker comes out and refuses to be involved in the match, leading to Shane fighting someone else in the cell (Wyatt?) and Vince putting Taker in a match against someone else (Cena?), where if Taker loses, he has to retire.

Gives a storyline reason for a retirement, as well as introduces more belief that Shane will win.

I also wonder on the current status of Rollins, and wonder if the title match could descend into a series of heel run ins for HHH, only for Ambrose and a returning Rollins to come to Reigns' aid, and end Mania with a Shield reunion as faces - about the only way I can see a Reigns victory getting a pop!

• Paid Members

Why is everyone convinced that Undertaker v Shane is happening?  In my head, I have a scenario where next eek, Taker comes out and refuses to be involved in the match, leading to Shane fighting someone else in the cell (Wyatt?) and Vince putting Taker in a match against someone else (Cena?), where if Taker loses, he has to retire.

If Taker can just turn down the match with Shane, why would he have to put his career on the line against Cena?

I think I agree with the points that this is probably a holder for Cena or a replacement if he can't make it. In the meantime though, I don't see it sells one ticket, one buy or one network sub. I do enjoy it when WWE gets desperate enough to start throwing shit at walls though so we'll see.

I happened to be working late last night so though 'fuck it, I'll put Raw on in the background. see what I've missed the last few weeks'

Shane v Undertaker. At Mania. In the Cell.

Vince saying 'fuck' in the opener of his PG rated show.

Triple H bloodying Reigns to close the show. ...

This is proper e-fed stuff. I love it. Desperate, backs-against-the-wall WWE is the best WWE.