The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Long, long time lurker, first time poster here.

Why is everyone convinced that Undertaker v Shane is happening?  In my head, I have a scenario where next eek, Taker comes out and refuses to be involved in the match, leading to Shane fighting someone else in the cell (Wyatt?) and Vince putting Taker in a match against someone else (Cena?), where if Taker loses, he has to retire.

Gives a storyline reason for a retirement, as well as introduces more belief that Shane will win.

I also wonder on the current status of Rollins, and wonder if the title match could descend into a series of heel run ins for HHH, only for Ambrose and a returning Rollins to come to Reigns' aid, and end Mania with a Shield reunion as faces - about the only way I can see a Reigns victory getting a pop!

Agreed 100%

I just can't see the match happening, something will change between now and then or if it does like verybody else mentioned it will have a ton of run ins to try and play up to the 'Undertaker is impossible to beat at Mania'.

It would be mad booking if they have Undertaker undefeated for 21 Manias then he loses 2 out of 3.

what is even madder is the concept of Undertaker being heel at mania (in his hometown none the less), nah no way is this match happening

• Paid Members

Has there ever been such a high profile match announced that so many people don't believe will happen?

Do you count Eric Bischoff vs Vince at Slamboree 98 as "announced" ?

• Paid Members

If Cena isn't popping up in a few weeks this is all the more baffling. Surely they should have gone with the following:

Roman retains at the Rumble and faces Taker for the title in his home town.

Triple H/Steph/Vince battle Shane for control of the company.

Why is everyone convinced that Undertaker v Shane is happening?  In my head, I have a scenario where next eek, Taker comes out and refuses to be involved in the match, leading to Shane fighting someone else in the cell (Wyatt?) and Vince putting Taker in a match against someone else (Cena?), where if Taker loses, he has to retire.

If Taker can just turn down the match with Shane, why would he have to put his career on the line against Cena?

I think I agree with the points that this is probably a holder for Cena or a replacement if he can't make it. In the meantime though, I don't see it sells one ticket, one buy or one network sub. I do enjoy it when WWE gets desperate enough to start throwing shit at walls though so we'll see.

I would question as to when WWE have applied logic to their booking recently for the reason why they can make him put his career on the line versus Cena but not make him face Shane, except for the fact that I genuinely hadn't thought of it from that point of view.

I just don't see the match happening personally, so the two options are (a) Shane having a representative in the match or (b) Taker refusing to do it and having a different match.  Maybe the career on the line was a step too far for the booking, but I can definitely see a scenario where Taker turns down Vince, and ends up facing someone else.

When I was at university, we used to take a load of magic mushrooms and see what WWE booking ideas we could come up with. The ultimate gem was Cheltenham Town's Stephen Gillespie in a ladder match with The Rock. Rock wins, Mania goes to Miami. Gillespie wins, Wrestlemania is at Whaddon Road.

I can only conclude WWE have got in contact with the same Polish chef who supplied us to come up with Shane McMahon v The Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell at Wrestlemania

You're all forgetting that Undertaker is a desperate man when it comes to Wrestlemania. Brock beat him clean at Wrestlemania 30 and still Undertaker returned, cost him the WWE Title and low-blowed him before giving him a Tombstone. Pretty hellish behaviour from The Deadman, and all because his complex about "losing" at Wrestlemania.

The Undertaker vs. Triple H Hell in a Cell was built on the same concept that Undertaker couldn't accept that although he won, he didn't walk out.

No matter WHO Undertaker is against at WrestleMania and WHY he's fighting him, it's all redundant to him at this point. It doesn't matter if it's CM Punk stealing the Urn or Bray Wyatt spouting his rhetoric or the McMahon's having another quibble, the Undertaker will walk into WrestleMania and win, regardless of who it's against.

Putting him in this match is the smartest possible move for Vince. He knows his son is (in storyline terms) one of the most tough guys going, and what he may lack in experience and ability, he makes up for with daredevil antics and the refusal to die. Having him fight Kevin Owens on SmackDown is a pretty big gamble for Vince, so if he's going to make this deal, it has to be one that Vince will be certain on.

And in WWE terms, there's only 1 real certainty and that's that the Undertaker is pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to beat at WrestleMania. Sure Brock Lesnar did it, but that's Brock Lesnar. Brock who squashed John Cena at SummerSlam 2014 and is insanely difficult to knock off his feet, never mind actually defeat.

Admit it, if you where in Vince's shoes, this is the exact way you'd go.

Sure, the match is probably not going to be a MOTYC, but I reckon story should come first, and this is certainly an interesting story heading into Mania.

Sure, the match is probably not going to be a MOTYC, but I reckon story should come first, and this is certainly an interesting story heading into Mania.

If it's booked anything like Sting v Triple H then it could be the match of the decade. I love the Seth Rollins, AJ Styles and Samoa Joes of the world as much as the next person but Shane McMahon vs Undertaker in HIAC at Wrestlemania 2016 complete with Nitro-style run-ins would be incredible. I'm 100% serious. They have no choice but to bring out every trick in the book for this. 

Vince fought hogan at mania, the biggest star of all time. Shane fighting taker isnt that weird, it's the takers fighting for vince &co in his home state, when he's the biggest mania baby face going after the streak that is the shits for me.

Can't wait for post mania raw, introduced by scott Hudson advertising the booker t vs Bagwell main event though