The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Paige after winning the title. Aww. I liked "the crowd was fucking insane... they're not supposed to know me" in particular. It's a slightly odd situation with the in-character interviewer and out of character responses, but a very sweet and genuine moment all the same.

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members

A genuinely enjoyable Raw from start to (almost finish). They absolutely ruined the Evolution return by killing the mystery opponent pop on shit arses like 3MB and Alberto first. Have Evolution come out for the big pop, then have the mid-carders blindside Shield, THEN have the Evolution beatdown. Doing it mid-carders first meant that Evolution basically stirred the porridge they soiled.

I don't think that's why Evolution got a flat reaction. Most of the young audience would have no fucking clue who Evolution are as far as the history of the faction goes. They were around 10 years ago, and don't get mentioned much at all in comparison to DX, nWo, even the Horsemen. The alliance of HHH, Batista and Orton has been teased for a couple of weeks on screen, but the Evolution music and graphic would mean nothing to anyone under the age of about 15.

Edited by Shane O' Mac Version 2

Go back and scan the audience, there's more adults than kids and they didn't give a toss either.

It was strange, really.

It certainly wouldn't have been the show i'd have picked to bring them back as a group. The crowd were flat anyway, I assume because of the fucking heartbreaking Warrior video that opened the show. I'd have waited a week, I think.

It wasn't a show I particularly enjoyed, really. It was full of stuff I was more than happy to fast forward.

Alberto's music in the main event was such a disappointment. It was like i'd pulled a supermodel, took her home, undressed her and found she had a swastika tattooed on her left tit and a vagina with more cheese than a French breakfast. Awful.

Like, seriously, why hasn't that guy fucked off yet?

Kane's putting his mask back on? ...Eurgh.

And, he's going to be Bryan's first opponent? Jesus. Poor Bryan is getting the Mysterio treatment already. He'll be facing Rusev next.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

It's not the most exciting, but there aren't really many options for Bryan. Evolution are tied up with The Shield, and Bray Wyatt and Cena are busy feuding with each other. That's all the main guys gone. Bryan's options are Kane, Del Rio, Sheamus or... I dunno, Barrett or Cesaro or something. A match with Kane isn't a ZOMG BURIAL or whatever conclusion idiots might jump to, there's just no tasty opponent for Bryan because the roster's thin and everyone good's busy.

Edited by King Pitcos

Ah shit... that whole thing with Kane went over my head. Like, obviously he's remasking and going after Bryan, sure. But I figured it as next week on Raw, not at friggin Extreme Rules! But all the big players are getting tied up elsewhere.

This is terrible- he gets that big moment and then it goes to shit. If not the Mysterio treatment, at best it'll be the Benoit treatment. Bryan might have a couple of brushes with the Triple Hs of the world, but overall won't be the main attraction. Bryan'll just kill time until the next Randy Orton comes along to end it... which will probably be Randy Orton. Or Batista, to promote the whole movie thing. Then Vince will guffaw and say, "Told you that kid wouldn't draw."

• Paid Members

Bryan is the perfect champion if you think about it. He's "small" but massively over enough to wrestle pretty much anyone in the midcard upwards and not look out of place. I don't think if we got Bryan vs Cesaro or Kane or Sheamus or Del Rio anyone would scoff at it. Actually, Cesaro just taking him to the limit could get Cesaro over huge as a main event player, but wouldn't make Bryan look weak.

• Paid Members

To be fair, the segment actually pointed towards bryan and kane next week (as Kane specifically said next week), rather than extreme rules, but it dsoes seem likely that thats where they'll go unless they go 8 man

• Paid Members

As a one-off, the Kane feud isn't that bad an idea. If it were more random, it'd be worse, but as it is, Bryan and Kane have loads of history together, and their partnership helped Bryan a lot as well. A short feud with Bryan winning wouldn't be too bad.

The only issue with it really is they already had about ten matches a month ago, and Kane's just been playing punching bag for The Shield -- but the purpose of him putting the mask back on is to erase all of that, I suppose. And does he just flit between wearing a suit and the mask now, or is that Corporate Kane finished and he just floats around doing nothing after the Bryan thing?

• Paid Members

Well I cheered like a wee girl when Evolution turned up with their cool music. I've been wanting to see a super heel group in WWE for ages and I've finally got my wish. This will be the making of The Shield being legit main eventers.

Bryan feuding with Kane is a bit like Austin feuding with Dude Love, after his 'Mania win. Hardly the biggest or the best, but it's a small part of the larger feud, which is Bryan v The Authority (similar to Austin/McMahon).

Lovely tribute to the Warrior.

Fabulous tribute to the Warrior.

I always like tournaments, but the brackets were quite easy to telegraph.

It may me smile when Ziggler vs Barrett came on as someone said Barrett would be trading wins with Ziggler before long!

Saying that it was a tidy little match..

Austin vs Dude Love was the headline match and featured the arch villain in the role of guest referee. Bryan won't even be on top at his first 'special event' as champ with Evolution/Shield on it. Wyatt should have killed fucking Cena at Mania and been moved back to Bryan with added heat. Would have also saved me from the awful AWFUL Cena/Wyatt segment last night. Not a bad show otherwise. Rusev is a vacuum but the presentation of the act is tremendous.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash