The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

It was a complete nothing of a show....and now we have to endure Barrett vs RVD? Fuck me...they might as well just burn the I.C Title on live tv if this is all the shit they give about it..Cesaro was on fire 2 weeks ago, now he is stuck with shit music, and cant even beat a spot monkey like Van Dam.....Barrett can go fuck himself, an absolutely shitarse who would be lucky to main even a show at my local sports centre.....

And Santino/Emma vs Fandango/Layla Part 1,572 and 3MB vs Los Shitadores.....i actually think the "Creative" have been told to take a few weeks off to recover from Mania season, and this is getting booked by blind, syphilitic gibbons..

Jesus fucking Wept

• Paid Members

Was half tempted to stay up regardless if work today, the thought of my work calendar got the better of me, thank god I have what looks like a shit of a day ahead but at least had several more hours sleep prior.

Saying that, the networks been dangerous over the last week in terms if staying up late

I gave up watching live during Los Matadores and 3MB, will catch up later. One thing that did get me was Bryan coming down after clearly spending the last few hours crying, having Brie in the ring for support had me chocked up, it was just so real.

• Paid Members

Few thoughts I had ready expecting a few comments as the show finished (the fact nobody did until 8:30 shows how little people cared I assume):

Why if Hornswoggle is promoting his new movie have they made him a Heel? Kids aren't going to cheer for him (if PG is all that) so why would they want to pay to watch him in a movie? Just seems clueless booking to make the most out of El Torito and him.

Whoever on here mentioned they can't hear El Matadores' music in their head without it being followed with "We're a 3 man band" is onto something and I sang it before there music had even finished.

Cody/Goldust split with nothing behind it is going to make total sense. As does putting Xavier Woods on PPV and advertising it, he's essentially had as much buildup with it being mentioned during the Rusev match as Kane/Bryan did all show.

I've started using Santino segments as my toilet break over the Divas division (massive crush on Paige, decent match this week makes it a smart choice) and came back to find Emma has a cobra now too?

Cesaro's music is shit.

If the continuous stream of Heels coming out to protect Evolution doesn't end with a load of faces coming out that are feuding with them to clear the space and let the 6 at it, then they really are just shoe horning people on for the hell of it again.

No Alberto wrestling was a big bonus.

Bray and Cena's closing bit went 5 minutes too long. The manic crying/laughter at the end wasn't needed at all.

I am however fully behind the Bo-Lieve promos which are genius. And of course Adam Rose. That man is a god. I will be attempting to get "Don't be a lemon" into a conversation today.

What is creative up too right now? It's like they're trying to get over about 15 different people in one way or another and are just throwing them in together and hoping one or two come out alive. Half the guys getting pushes or air time right now by SummerSlam are going to be Superstars fodder if lucky.

EDIT: Decided to google Leprechaun: Origins and found out its more Rated R horror than family friendly kids film that for some reason I had it down as. In this case, it makes sense making him a heel, have him play up being a big star as obviously kids aren't going to be buying into it. My mistake.

Edited by Shy Dad

• Paid Members

Raw was the shits,

DB and Kane is ok i guess for a kick off, Kane more or less killing DB is not the HHH beat down was class this was just stupid. No one ever uses a tombstone anymore, taker uses it at maina as a big wow spot.

Kane used it on the fucking steps! after using it in the ring, then on a table. Overkill? DB should be on the shelf for months

Santino/Emma vs Fandango/Layla just fuck off.

Los Matadores vs 3MB Fuck off

Evolution look like chicken shit heels, all 3 of them hiding behind a bunch of jobbers.

Ugh

Edited by quote the raven

If you're going to try and build some heat for DB-Kane, having him tombstone him all over the place is a fairly good start. Let's say the Brock-Undertaker feud had started with Brock tombstoning taker instead of a pen stab and Lesnar going through the table. And then he tombstones him a few more times in the build up to mania. Might have built the suspense a bit better, eh. I'm sure there'll be some kidnap/other angle with Brie as well. If their match has any heat at all it'll be an absolute victory.

I'm not sure I want to see RVD wrestle again.

"...not as bad as Daniel Bryan's bad news"

Nice.

Did BNB REALLY say that on the way to the ring? If so thats beyond fucking nasty, especially the way the company has gotten behind D-Bry these past few months... I had the entire thing on FF as you can maybe tell id rather shave my balls with a rusty saw than suffer that cunt....

...Barrett can go fuck himself, an absolutely shitarse who would be lucky to main even a show at my local sports centre.....

Eh? What's wrong with Bad News Barrett? Guy deserves credit for being 100% dedicated to his act and getting such a ridiculous gimmick over. And the match with Sheamus was fucking great.

Not a great show but not "why do I bother with this shit" bad either. Kane's a crap opponent for Bryan and I wish he'd hang up the boots and go corporate for good but the opening segment was pretty good. Midgets were cool and even had a neat video package. RVD is absolute doghit and needs to fuck off already but I'm kind of glad Cesaro's no longer in line for the awful intercontinental title 'push'. Evolution were enjoyable enough. Until the Shield came out. Shame there'll be more overlong scripted promos from them now that they're in the main event and have to be like everyone else, with 'you're a fag!' jokes and all. They fell to pieces there and lost some of their aura. And it's a shame the shitty divas division has pretty much killed my interest in Summer Rae, Emma and now Paige. And fuck Cesaro's music. He shouldn't have music at all. Why does Lana music have too? Some awful camera work and ad break placements throughout the show. I'm starting to turn on Bray Wyatt. It's getting to the point where his act is embarrassing to watch. And fuck RVD.

I enjoyed the early parts of the show anyway.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Paid Members
Heyman's promos are FFwd material now. The super slow overenunciation he does these days is just too irritating to sit through. I wish he'd stop and go back to being passionate and good. It's X-Pac heat.

Thank fuck you said it, sir.

I thought I was missing something over the past month or so with people praising Paul E as the best on the stick at present.

I do think his Punk-less promo in Chicago was brilliantly delivered, but his work in the Taker/Brock feud was cringeworthy at times:

"They're all wannabe's. Brock Lesnar is the one!"

Over and over, and over.

And the cheap heat crack at the post-mania crowd sounded so contrived, yet some people have declared this the 'Promo of the Year' thus far.

He is awesome on his day, but he just seems to be going through the motions at the moment, in my opinion.

This weeks Raw was the ultimate Mania comedown, and I didn't expect anything spectacular, or different, to be honest.

Cesaro's music is interesting, but I think they'll fill it out and thicken it up a bit. I remember when Taker had a very raw version of "You're Gonna Pay" which sounded like JJ put it together while Taker was in that gorilla position. It was a basic drum beat and a lightly distorted guitar...and nowt else.

Really enjoyed Seth Rollins and Bray Wyatt this week, and Cena's dissatisfaction with the fans seeping through is a nice touch.

If Paige had a bigger hoop she'd be tremendous.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Moderators

This sounds a bit of a nothing RAW then, huh? I think I might be with Undefeated Steak on this and slink back off to Off Topic for another 9 months :/ .

My mate tells me there was a Hornswoggle vs El Torrito match as the main event of SD! though, so I reckon I'll watch that after I catch up on Game of Thrones....

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

I'm pleased I'm not the only one that thought that was a woeful effort. It's an amazing dip in form, considering how well things have went for a month or so.

Apart from Lana and seeing Orton and Batista back wearing suits, I don't think I enjoyed anything on this show. Even Triple H's voice wasn't up to it.

The most disappointing part of the show was Ambrose and Rollins' shite promos. Sort of killed my excitement for this feud a little. Indeed "cream puff" is rotten.

DB and Kane is ok i guess for a kick off, Kane more or less killing DB is not the HHH beat down was class this was just stupid. No one ever uses a tombstone anymore, taker uses it at maina as a big wow spot.

Kane used it on the fucking steps! after using it in the ring, then on a table. Overkill? DB should be on the shelf for months

It makes sense. Here's a guy who has wrestled marathon matches, hobbled out to fight bandaged like a mummy, and has shown major acts of bravery/toughness/stupidity. To actually write him off, and make Kane look badass again, this type of attack had to happen. He'll do a "via satellite" thing for next week, and vow revenge for Extreme Rules.

Anyway, Raw was pretty crap, but I didn't think it was the abomination some are making it out to be. That said, I was in and out of the room throughout the show, so missed some of the apparent worst stuff, like Emma's Cobra. I liked the initial beatdown segment, and the Barrett/Sheamus match was quality. I liked the Bullhammer from the outside, establishes it as one of those great finishers that can be hit "out of nowhere" i.e. Stunner, Sweet Chin Music, RKO.

The Shield/Evolution segment was eh. Pity Triple H smoked a carton before he came out, but he was still miles better than Rollins, who went on... and on... and on. Fair enough if he was scripted for that ridiculous amount of dialogue, but it still didn't come off well.

RVD vs. Cesaro. Cesaro wrestled a very slow heel style, despite still doing some babyface stuff, and RVD was just off. Van Dam has been one of my favourite wrestlers, but that was not a good performance, sloppy as taco shits.

Wyatt is the man, and I hope this thing with Cena ends at Extreme Rules with a clean pin in the centre of the cage.

...Barrett can go fuck himself, an absolutely shitarse who would be lucky to main even a show at my local sports centre.....

Eh? What's wrong with Bad News Barrett? Guy deserves credit for being 100% dedicated to his act and getting such a ridiculous gimmick over. And the match with Sheamus was fucking great.

I just cannot stand him, his shite music, shite robe thing, stupid face with wonky nose and massive ears......his fucking terrible "BOOOOM" thing he does to NO REACTION at all....he is tall and relatively well built....but so was Matt Morgan and he was shite too.....