The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
I think Jerry Lynn was always going to be fucked in WWE to be honest with that roster and then the buyout.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Jericho, Benoit and co all hated him as well. Something about him faking an ankle injury when he was Mr J.L in WCW?

I don't think Paige's win is comparable to Lynn's anyway. Lynn won the Light Heavyweight Title on a Pay Per View pre-show, at a time when just being in the Light Heavyweight Division was a total kiss of death. Paige, on the other hand, beat the longest reigning Diva's champion ever on arguably the biggest RAW of the year. They've obviously got plans for her.

I thought it was really good RAW and really set up the next few months. Evolution vs The Shield, in particular, is going to be cracking.

It was good seeing Cesaro become a Heyman Guy, but does blur the lines of heel/face. King of Swing is a good moniker. I liked the way Zeb Colter was arguing about Cesaro jumping ship, reminded me of the glory days of managers in wrestling. Maybe they felt Cesaro needed a mouthpiece hence getting Paul Heyman. What face could they have used as his manager/ mouthpiece?

William Regal!

Yeah I thought him with them both being Europeans, but Regal would also play a good heel manager.

It was a superb Raw but I didn't want Barrett to be wrestling again. I wanted him to stay behind his podium. What does he do now? Back to the mid-card? Pointless.

Yeah, I'm hoping it was just a one-off because they had a crowd in that'd love him. I'm dreading him wrestling every week now. He'll be trading wins with Ziggler by June if that happens.

Crazy but very good Raw that gives us lots to look forward to over the next few months.

an 8 man tag at Extreme Rules would be great and gives them time not to do a Bryan vs Orton/Batista/HHH straight away

Cesaro should do well with Heyman

Paige made a good impression which is great for her

Adam Rose and BO videos were good

Not interested if Sting ever comes in, cant see him ever being needed other than a HOF spot

As soon as the RAW ended my first thought was "if there is ever a time for War Games then the main event of Extreme Rules is that time" That would be a great way to end the show. A fresh match and so different to the usual WM re-matches that we have to endure. Come on Vince, let Hunter have his way on finally put War Games on a WWE PPV!

Edited by Mr Tibbs

• Paid Members
It was a superb Raw but I didn't want Barrett to be wrestling again. I wanted him to stay behind his podium. What does he do now? Back to the mid-card? Pointless.

Yeah, I'm hoping it was just a one-off because they had a crowd in that'd love him. I'm dreading him wrestling every week now. He'll be trading wins with Ziggler by June if that happens.

Hopefully. It might be why they debuted Paige that way last night as well. There's no reason at all for him to be wrestling at the moment.

Wow, what a night eh? Cena is on early and loses and not seen again, Heyman delivers two great promos and goes from heel to face just like that, Cesaro has a new nickname, we saw videos for TWO nxt stars (can't believe how quick Adam Rose has gotten over), and then paige wins the divas title! A great moment for British wrestling tbh. I marked out for sure.

Also, how good is bryan looking as a champ? All they need to do now is drop the two belt thing, Poor guy cant hold them both up well

http://whatculture.com/wwe/sting-wwe-lates...ll-debut-tv.php

Sting isn't showing up anytime soon according to melter. The deals done but it could be as late as the road to mania 31 until sting shows up.

I don't know why people can't see where Sting fits in without Undertaker. There are plenty of matches I'd love to see Sting in. Yes, Undertaker was the dream match but we've never seen Sting vs The Rock for instance, and I don't know why but after his streak victory, I just see Brock Lesnar as this absolute mega star who I'd love to see face any legend at all so he'd be a great opponent as well.

Really good RAW. I've said it a while but Cesaro is the man and built like a brick shithouse. Nice to see so many opinions change on here about him.

I love the idea of this Orton/Batista/Triple H/Kane combination. However I'm still not sold on Bryan as champion and still am surprised Triple H put him over and then he made Batista tap. I wonder if he gets a Eddie Guerrero/Rey Mysterio reign with the title where he's booked like an absolute shit arse for the next few months. I wish Big Dave won the title. So much.

Cena is on early and loses and not seen again

For all the complaining people do it's never ceased to amaze me for years now how little Cena is featured on Raw. He's either slotted in to a match or he has a promo segment that comes out of fucking nowhere. Rock got out of a limo, gave props to stage hands, and threatened autograph poachers with a smackdown. Austin gazed at linoleum, watched whatever else was happening on a monitor the size of a packet of Malboros and beat on half the roster.

Defending Cena's a bit rote around here but just thinking of how little he tends to get advertised on Raw is actually quite surprising given he is still the man. He pops up on a graphic, does his bit and leaves. There's a score of weeks where they don't even bother mentioning he is in the building until he comes out for his bit.

Edited by Gay as FOOK

Cena is on early and loses and not seen again

For all the complaining people do it's never ceased to amaze me for years now how little Cena is featured on Raw. He's either slotted in to a match or he has a promo segment that comes out of fucking nowhere. Rock got out of a limo, gave props to stage hands, and threatened autograph poachers with a smackdown. Austin gazed at linoleum, watched whatever else was happening on a monitor the size of a packet of Malboros and beat on half the roster.

Defending Cena's a bit rote around here but just thinking of how little he tends to get advertised on Raw is actually quite surprising given he is still the man. He pops up on a graphic, does his bit and leaves. There's a score of weeks where they don't even bother mentioning he is in the building until he comes out for his bit.

I don't have a problem with cena, I was just a little shocked that he was on early and then was done. I get that right now he is feuding with wyatts, but it just seem weird to me. Maybe its me thinking that hes the it person for WWE and needs to be on tv alot for promotional purposes

However I'm still not sold on Bryan as champion and still am surprised Triple H put him over and then he made Batista tap. I wonder if he gets a Eddie Guerrero/Rey Mysterio reign with the title where he's booked like an absolute shit arse for the next few months. I wish Big Dave won the title. So much.

How much are you following what's going on? Bryan going over them was the least surprising thing to happen since Cena beating Rock last year. They've already downplayed Cena and made Bryan the centre of the show so in the meantime there's no way he's getting any shit arse booking.

Quite an amazing few days of WWE ouput. The Cesaro non-turn turn was kinda strange but it's perfect for him really. Plug him in against a heel or face the crowd will be into his power moves and manager all the same. Could be Brock, could be Bryan, would be jizz. Heyman's usually fast forward but he was on top fucking form last night. Makes it look so easy. I'm sceptical the Divas division will ever stop being shit but that was a nice moment. Shield finally in a top babyface role and Wyatt's looking like world beaters, HHH and Steph as awesome panto villains, looking like they're having the time of their lives. Fucking buzzing after this weekend.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash