The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I dont know. Sting hasn't got a history of being a mark for anything. If he was, he'd have been there before now. It wasn't him who wanted to come in. Its WWE who had been wanting to sign him for years. I really doubt he gives a shit about wrestling the Undertaker half as much as certain people do. All these interviews he's been doing sounds very "TNA will be number one by the end of the year" to me. I mean he did WrestleCon even though they didnt want him to. He isn't someone who is going to do what they tell him to do if he doesnt want to do it. I think there are still plenty of things you do with him, but I wouldn't bring him in until you figure out what it is you want to do with him.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Crazy but very good Raw that gives us lots to look forward to over the next few months.

an 8 man tag at Extreme Rules would be great and gives them time not to do a Bryan vs Orton/Batista/HHH straight away

Cesaro should do well with Heyman

Paige made a good impression which is great for her

Adam Rose and BO videos were good

Not interested if Sting ever comes in, cant see him ever being needed other than a HOF spot

• Paid Members

Pretty monumental Raw, with a lot of new stars being made. Only negative was waiting for Sting or The Undertaker that never showed up. Great promo from Heyman and Lesnar, but the streak ended and nothing came of it which was a shame.

Loving Cesaro being rocketed to the top. He's the man.

• Paid Members
Also, worth mentioning, the pop for Paige when her music hit? Fucking hell, most established wwe wrestlers would kill for a reaction like that, let alone someone on their debut.

Got to take the crowd into account. If her debut was on any other Raw, she'd have gotten curious mumbling at best and then a cheap pop purely for beating AJ. Same with the reactions Cesaro and Wyatt have been getting this last few days, though obviously not to the same extent.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it was a hell of a reaction, on a hell of a Raw. Definitely the right crowd for her to debut in front of, a mix of super-fans who religiously follow NXT, and a whole bunch of Brits (that final "Hounds of Justice" chant had an oddly Yorkshire accent to it, to my ears...)

The county of Norfolk now has more champions in the big 2 US promotions than any US state, or any of the other countries in the world put together. I think, I've not worked it out, but it seems right. NORFOLK!

Also, worth mentioning, the pop for Paige when her music hit? Fucking hell, most established wwe wrestlers would kill for a reaction like that, let alone someone on their debut.

Got to take the crowd into account. If her debut was on any other Raw, she'd have gotten curious mumbling at best and then a cheap pop purely for beating AJ. Same with the reactions Cesaro and Wyatt have been getting this last few days, though obviously not to the same extent.

She definitely had the right crowd to debut infront of, but when that happens on TV some stuff gets picked up (see Bryan) and some stuff doesn't (see Fandangoing).

I doubt the love in for Barrett with the Barmy Army and "We love you Barrett, we do" chants will continue, but if she can continue to get great reactions, Wyatt gets the "Whole world, in his hands" with arm swinging and "Bray's gonna kill you" chants going and Cesaro's "king of swing" becomes a thing? Those are the kind of chants and reactions that look great on TV, and translate globally.

Edit: And the Hounds of Justice chant, that needs to be a thing. Fuck I seriously cannot wait to hear Line in the Sand on WWE tv again, fucking epic theme.

Edited by Pyrotechnik

• Moderators
The county of Norfolk now has more champions in the big 2 US promotions than any US state, or any of the other countries in the world put together. I think, I've not worked it out, but it seems right. NORFOLK!

They've both gotten the TwoSheds rub.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

The image of Paul Heyman cradling a golden baby Andre cracked me up way more than it should.

Great to see the programme getting an injection of fresh faces post 'Mania, whilst guys like Wyatt, Cesaro and the Shield are getting hotter each week. It's a great time to be a fan.

• Paid Members
Heymens comments about Cole and Lawler made me laugh - "JBL and those other 2 things called announcers"

I thought it was thinly veiled sarcasm, as JBL is dreadful.