The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
Lana is tremendous. Absolute filth.

Mmmm-hmmm. She's pure sex. Dirty, eastern European sex.

She makes everything sound very sexy when she speaks. She could even say Fatty Facesitter and make THAT sound sexy.

Late to the party here, but WHAT a Raw that was. Everything was basically great, and I'm absolutely chuffed for Paige. Although he pronounces it horribly, hearing Michael Cole repeatedly mention that she was from NOR-WICH England (And by repeatedly of course I mean twice) and hearing the word NOR-WICH on a Raw broadcast was just mental. I half expected him to launch into a massive diatribe about how it's the home of mustard, the first City to ever adopt a Postcode system (true!) and reminisce about Gossy's crane volley on that glorious night in Munich. All in good time, she's only 21 and has plenty of TV time to come yet.

But yeah, good for her. Every time I spoke to her at a WAW show she was always really nice.

The Norwich World Order. The poison has arrived.

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

She makes everything sound very sexy when she speaks. She could even say Fatty Facesitter and make THAT sound sexy.

A little treat for all the Lana fans, her 'cameo' from the series Banshee (NSFW)

Clip 1

Clip 2

It was good seeing Cesaro become a Heyman Guy, but does blur the lines of heel/face. King of Swing is a good moniker. I liked the way Zeb Colter was arguing about Cesaro jumping ship, reminded me of the glory days of managers in wrestling. Maybe they felt Cesaro needed a mouthpiece hence getting Paul Heyman.

Needed a mouthpiece and getting Paul Heyman? He had Dutch Fucking Mantell alongside him so they easily could have switched it up a bit with Uncle Zeb.

Well, she's over and now established.

I wouldn't say she is over because that crowd was behind her. NXT has a great following, so she no doubt has her fair share of fans, but that crowd of nerds is not a measuring stick. As far as a statement of intent goes, she should have come out and challenged AJ for a future match, then left her laying. As it stands, we have her saying she isn't ready for the big leagues on television and she has the belt of her division. I remember Jerry Lynn saying when he debuted and won the light weight title he was fucked. Fans are interested in the chase of a title, they like to get behind someone and support them to reach their goal. When you win the belt on your debut, what is there left to do but lose it? The rematch with AJ will be built around AJ wanting her belt back, not Paige wanting to retain it. I like Paige a lot, but sadly this reeks of Santino winning the IC title on his debut.

They could have given her a more convincing script in her delivery. I mean she could have retorted by saying "I'm sorry AJ, I didn't have a clue what you just said there" I think this crowd would have lapped it up no end. Mock AJ a little in a sarcastic way. The line where Paige said she wasn't ready was the single most stupid line she could have delivered. Are we now saying that superstars are not ready when they compete to become a champion in the future? Not ready? We'll then what the fuck are you here for? Poor scripting and made Paige look like piss for a moment there.

It was shit the way that Paige's debut was written (she looked weak, she put her wrestling gear on to go out but wasn't ready for a match, she didn't seem in character for what Paige is like in NXT, and because of her voice/delivery I don't even know if the congratulations was sarcastic in the first place), but the crowd made it a moment where you can forget the bad setup a bit.

However, the vignettes on Raw have absolutely solidified my utter contempt for the Adam Rose gimmick. Hate it with a passion. I'm talking channel-changing levels here. He comes off as an absolute cretin. Really can't see it working on the main roster past anything other than JTTS status.

You wash your mouth out.

Apologies.

What I of course meant to say was that the gimmick is a sure fire winner, solid gold. Won't be long before we are talking about Adam Rose in the same breath as Hogan, Austin and Rock.

Next WWE World Heavyweight Champion I reckon.

• Paid Members

I like Lana, but "The Ravishing Russian" as an 'official' nickname grates a bit.

Sure, have Lawler call her that on commentary, but she's a businesswoman - don't announce her with a nickname like that.

It's like the time when Tiffany was ECW GM and had the theme that's now been given to Layla - would you really send a member of your front office to the ring with a theme song telling everyone how much she loves it up her?

It was shit the way that Paige's debut was written (she looked weak, she put her wrestling gear on to go out but wasn't ready for a match, she didn't seem in character for what Paige is like in NXT, and because of her voice/delivery I don't even know if the congratulations was sarcastic in the first place), but the crowd made it a moment where you can forget the bad setup a bit.

I would've preferred her to go out in 'street clothes' rather than in her wrestling gear, that way it would've looked less planned. Would've liked a bit more banter between them. Why not have AJ throw a few insults at her regarding being from England.

Thinking about it - we need more Wrestlers coming out in normal day to day wear, kind of miss that rather than have them walk about looking like they wear their wrestling gear all the time - the only exception is Batista, he should stick to his in-ring gear.

Late to the party here, but WHAT a Raw that was. Everything was basically great, and I'm absolutely chuffed for Paige. Although he pronounces it horribly, hearing Michael Cole repeatedly mention that she was from NOR-WICH England (And by repeatedly of course I mean twice) and hearing the word NOR-WICH on a Raw broadcast was just mental. I half expected him to launch into a massive diatribe about how it's the home of mustard, the first City to ever adopt a Postcode system (true!) and reminisce about Gossy's crane volley on that glorious night in Munich. All in good time, she's only 21 and has plenty of TV time to come yet.

But yeah, good for her. Every time I spoke to her at a WAW show she was always really nice.

JBL said 'this could be a bigger upset than Norwich beating Manchester United' at Survivor Series 2012 which gave me Streak Ending levels of shock.

Loving checking out the EDP online and seeing Paige as a headline. I'm hoping Zak can follow in her foot steps.

Personally knowing how much the WWE love their celebrities - I want to see this in the corner of Paige at a show. Better yet - make him Paige's manager! Two of Norwich's finest!

Alan-Partridge-1.jpg

A-HA!!

Slight Main Event spoiler:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Loved the Shield's promo to follow up their attack on RAW, these guys are just tremendous. Everyone is discussing Roman Reigns as the next big thing, and while I agree, the other two are going to go very far as well. Seth Rollins promo skills are tremendous imo.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by FUM