The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Cena is on early and loses and not seen again

For all the complaining people do it's never ceased to amaze me for years now how little Cena is featured on Raw. He's either slotted in to a match or he has a promo segment that comes out of fucking nowhere. Rock got out of a limo, gave props to stage hands, and threatened autograph poachers with a smackdown. Austin gazed at linoleum, watched whatever else was happening on a monitor the size of a packet of Malboros and beat on half the roster.

Defending Cena's a bit rote around here but just thinking of how little he tends to get advertised on Raw is actually quite surprising given he is still the man. He pops up on a graphic, does his bit and leaves. There's a score of weeks where they don't even bother mentioning he is in the building until he comes out for his bit.

In general, there's a lot less "gets out of limo" these days. They did a shot a few months back of Cena walking into the arena and it looked really weird now, but in Rock and Austin's day we were forever seeing them arrive or lurk around the car park.

• Paid Members

Raw was so awesome, I enjoyed it more than Wrestlemania at the time, I love Cesaro and I can't wait to see him standing smirking every week while heyman flaps his gums about how great he is. Don't know how the crowd appeared on TV but live they were great, not twattish and trying to get themselves over (for the most part) but genuinely having a great time and loving everything that was put before them. Heyman's promo was so killer, all everyone talked about after mania was the streak being broken and how much it freaked them out but the promo on raw made everyone almost get off on it. No one could've done that like Paul.

Best Raw for me in a long long time. Great to see a lot of NXT talent coming through.

However, the vignettes on Raw have absolutely solidified my utter contempt for the Adam Rose gimmick. Hate it with a passion. I'm talking channel-changing levels here. He comes off as an absolute cretin. Really can't see it working on the main roster past anything other than JTTS status.

First time to watch Raw beginning to end for me in over 8 years.

The Wyatt's are so over, I hope they don't turn face or change the gimmick at all, Cena was like a nobody compared to the way the crowd were into Bray Wyatt and the other 2 guys who's names I can't remember.

Like the Uso's a lot. Glad to see Page brought in strong. The Warrior promo is really quite different now given the bad news. The Shield are amazing, Daniel Bryan is incredibly over as well.

Not sure if I'm back to being a WWE fan but with Wrestlemania and Raw both being so good I might just be.

Oh and why is Rey Misterio getting booed so much these days?

Cena is on early and loses and not seen again

For all the complaining people do it's never ceased to amaze me for years now how little Cena is featured on Raw. He's either slotted in to a match or he has a promo segment that comes out of fucking nowhere. Rock got out of a limo, gave props to stage hands, and threatened autograph poachers with a smackdown. Austin gazed at linoleum, watched whatever else was happening on a monitor the size of a packet of Malboros and beat on half the roster.

Defending Cena's a bit rote around here but just thinking of how little he tends to get advertised on Raw is actually quite surprising given he is still the man. He pops up on a graphic, does his bit and leaves. There's a score of weeks where they don't even bother mentioning he is in the building until he comes out for his bit.

In general, there's a lot less "gets out of limo" these days. They did a shot a few months back of Cena walking into the arena and it looked really weird now, but in Rock and Austin's day we were forever seeing them arrive or lurk around the car park.

Yeah you're right and I still don't really understand it. Limos rock. And with the whole always plugged in, social media bolstered blanket coverage that Raw gives itself nowadays you would think Renee Young would be chasing the things down to see who is in them on your smart phone.

It's obviously a small thing but still it would be nice to see more of it.

• Paid Members
Oh and why is Rey Misterio getting booed so much these days?

Because you know when you were watching WWE regularly 8 years ago? He's still exactly the same as he was then.

Actually, that's a bit cruel on him, but I'm no fan. If you're not a regular viewer and you've only seen him getting booed heavily at the Rumble & on Raw, the reasons are :

1) He wasn't Daniel Bryan in the number 30 spot, which seemed to make everyone really angry even though Bryan being in the Rumble had never been announced, or even hinted at.

2) He was against Bad News Barrett in front of a crowd of Brits, and people who watch the JBL & Cole Show.

On the limo thing, I don't mind if it's done early. I used to hate it when major babyfaces used to turn up at Raw more than an hour after the televised portion of the show had started. Just made them look arrogant, and lazy. Definitely wouldn't fit with Cena, particularly how hard they push the "first to arrive, last to leave" thing which is probably true. Even when they did the angle recently when they had someone waiting for him to turn up at Raw to get revenge on Orton(?) for something that had happened the previous week, at least they had the sense to have him arrive running. He would have been there hours ago, but you know, rental car snafu.

And yes, Adam Rose is a cretin. But he's a well-meaning, very cool one.

• Paid Members
However, the vignettes on Raw have absolutely solidified my utter contempt for the Adam Rose gimmick. Hate it with a passion. I'm talking channel-changing levels here. He comes off as an absolute cretin. Really can't see it working on the main roster past anything other than JTTS status.

You wash your mouth out.

• Paid Members

People who say things like this should have it forcibly inserted into their signature, like a scarlet letter.

• Paid Members

Reported.