The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
Well, she's over and now established.

I wouldn't say she is over because that crowd was behind her. NXT has a great following, so she no doubt has her fair share of fans, but that crowd of nerds is not a measuring stick. As far as a statement of intent goes, she should have come out and challenged AJ for a future match, then left her laying. As it stands, we have her saying she isn't ready for the big leagues on television and she has the belt of her division. I remember Jerry Lynn saying when he debuted and won the light weight title he was fucked. Fans are interested in the chase of a title, they like to get behind someone and support them to reach their goal. When you win the belt on your debut, what is there left to do but lose it? The rematch with AJ will be built around AJ wanting her belt back, not Paige wanting to retain it. I like Paige a lot, but sadly this reeks of Santino winning the IC title on his debut.

Yeah, whatever happened to Santino?

Didn't watch Raw, and like a nobhead I've read all the spoilers because I couldn't wait. It sounds like a tremendous show, but I have a question... Now Cesaro is a Heyman Guy, did he turn heel? How did it work with Heyman managing both a heel and face on the same show (assuming Ces is still a face).

Ta.

I don't think it even matters anymore. Wasn't it doing the rounds on the news sites earlier on in the year that they were going to be taking cues from modern drama like Breaking Bad and just presenting human beings with complex moral dilemmas? [Well ... you know ... 'complex moral dilemma' for 'rasslin.]

All they can really do nowadays is present what they will and let the mentalist audience preside over how to react to it. I know in the grand sense it's still the wrestling business and they need good heel/face dynamics to push numbers for the large amount of the audience that still do invest in traditional storyline but when it comes to things like this in 2014 ... Heyman's a heel manager, Cesaro will probably still be cheered in most arenas he goes to and I don't honestly think there's anything strange about it whatsoever.

He doesn't push either button too hard does Cesaro anyway, does he? He's a cocky bloke most of the men love and a lot of the kids will find irksome.

• Paid Members

It was a superb Raw but I didn't want Barrett to be wrestling again. I wanted him to stay behind his podium. What does he do now? Back to the mid-card? Pointless.

Otherwise I really enjoyed it. Reigns' "Crystal" to Stephanie was about as threatening as it was possible to be. My favourite moment though had to be the Sean Dyche sign.

Well, she's over and now established.

I wouldn't say she is over because that crowd was behind her. NXT has a great following, so she no doubt has her fair share of fans, but that crowd of nerds is not a measuring stick. As far as a statement of intent goes, she should have come out and challenged AJ for a future match, then left her laying. As it stands, we have her saying she isn't ready for the big leagues on television and she has the belt of her division. I remember Jerry Lynn saying when he debuted and won the light weight title he was fucked. Fans are interested in the chase of a title, they like to get behind someone and support them to reach their goal. When you win the belt on your debut, what is there left to do but lose it? The rematch with AJ will be built around AJ wanting her belt back, not Paige wanting to retain it. I like Paige a lot, but sadly this reeks of Santino winning the IC title on his debut.

Yeah, whatever happened to Santino?

I'm not talking about what success anybody went on to have, I'm talking about people debuting by winning belts and whether that is the best way to be introduced to audiences. Santino was shit from his debut until he dropped the belt and turned heel; he was put in a position which is awkward to book, which I outlined in my above post.

Edited by TheShowOff

I do actually agree that winning a title on your debut is tough. Paige will put on great matches and usher in a new direction for women's wrestling. Everyone is appropriately high up on her so I'm sure she'll be fine.

Just finished watching raw,what a great raw,best in ages. Raw was all about sting debuting for me but let's be honest they didn't need the stinger for a great raw did they.( or punk)

From Bryan to evolution to warrior to cesaro to the shield to lesnar and heyman it was all good (even the divas bit)

Did anyone notice that miserable sod on the front row with sting face paint on?he sat through nearly all of it with a look that could kill on his face. What's the point?id love to of seen his face when the announcer said goodnight to everyone :-)