The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Good news, that. Ziggler showed that he's not good enough for the role/spot they were giving him. There are plenty others in that midcard hell that can do a better job - Kofi being the first that comes to mind.

Presumably you've been watching a parallel universe WWE where Kofi is interesting.

Anyway, decent enough show. I hope they don't run out of steam in terms of ideas for Bryan vs the corporation. So far it's been pretty well crafted, but if it's just endless weeks of him getting beaten up by the shield, it might get a bit thin.

Hideous camera direction throughout the night, climaxing with missing Bryan's finisher on Rollins with a shot of the crowd instead. TV production 101 - don't fuck it up. (Paraphrased).

• Paid Members
Good news, that. Ziggler showed that he's not good enough for the role/spot they were giving him. There are plenty others in that midcard hell that can do a better job - Kofi being the first that comes to mind.

Presumably you've been watching a parallel universe WWE where Kofi is interesting.

No, I'm just going by the one time they did do something with him and he excelled, showing he can indeed be interesting. Things were going well until Orton started whinging. Nobody in that midcard auto-booking club is interesting, but that's because little effort is made other than people having the same match. Ziggler was in that group too, they then tried to push him and he was exposed. Kofi has shown he can at least cut a babyface promo without sounding like a bell end.

• Paid Members

The scheduling seems to ripe for be a three PPV series (not including SummerSlam) of Orton-Bryan, concluding in Bryan taking the belt at Hell in a Cell. If that's the case, what are the odds on a screwjob at Survivor Series?

• Paid Members

I saw this linked on another forum. Its a load of gifs from last weeks Raw put against the night after Survivor Series 98. Cracking stuff.

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/592999065...orate-champions

The scheduling seems to ripe for be a three PPV series (not including SummerSlam) of Orton-Bryan, concluding in Bryan taking the belt at Hell in a Cell. If that's the case, what are the odds on a screwjob at Survivor Series?

I've always thought Vince fucks it up somewhere along the line and Triple H gives him a kicking, leading to Vince returning around February for the HHH vs Vince's Man storyline. I think we could get a Survivor Series Screwjob fuck up. Where Vince tries to plot against Bryan and his plan backfires and HHH says "bugger this" and drops the old man from the squad.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I'm torn right now to be honest, on one hand I'm loving the way they are building up Orton/Bryan and the faces eventually snapping and saving the day but on the other hand I'm fucking dreading the McMahon-Helmsley drama from the eventual fallout of it all.

Paul Heyman is worth his weight in gold and is probably the only man on Earth who can make me feel a shred of sympathy for CM Punk. Axel can go jump off a cliff for all I care though.

Ignoring the usual shite (champs losing, 'distraction' finishes, the Bella's) this was some more great stuff. I get why people are complaining about the 'emasculation' of all the babyfaces (not on here) but hasn't that been the case for the last, what, twelve years? At least now there's some authority with proper muscle who are willing to bump and show ass. And that's me assuming they'll go the right way with it and give Show, Henry, Ziggler (!) etc a chance to shine and let Bryan get his hands on that pesky HHH. This is the first time I've enjoyed HHH since . . 1996? He's taken his supposed hatred from the Internet Saddos like me and used it to spur the actions of his aloof, condescending nose twat character. It's great. He could end up turning this whole thing into utter shit like he usually does, and that would be top trolling I guess. Also loved Orton popping Christian in the eyes for the sneaky win after that decent match. The champion won, imagine that!

The Punk/Heyman stuff was good but would have been better without that spanner Axel. Somebody mentioned Bobby Roode, but I personally would loved to have seen Davey Boy Smith jr in this role, he'd of been great here bragging and shit talking. Heyman's the best performer in wrestling but, for the first time, the "I love Yoou!" stuff felt unnecessary and kind of jarring. Still, both guys are doing wonders to keep this angle engaging.

AJ was the star of the night. I guessing it was somebody in the back getting some stuff off their chest and it'll probably lead to nothing but a bit of me cheered inside for that promo. It was quite comical the way that the Bella's and the red head girl were shrieking and flapping about and having no fucking clue of how wrestling characters are supposed to act and react, proving AJ's point while she was still making it.

Rollins vs Bryan was as good as always and they did a good job of keeping Bryan and the Shield looking strong. The cameraman idiot that went to the crowd and missed the ending needs firing. Big Show was great and I was ACHING for him to do something. The tease. The Wyatt promo would have been better without all the production music tacked on to it. I hope they just stick with vignettes and stuff until they come up with a program for him. Miz was actually quite funny in his Fandango pants and the 'dance' seems like it's quite over again, oddly enough. That part of the midcard is a mess as usual though. DJ Maestro Maddox manages to make the crap Teddy Long spot entertaining. Titus 'O Neil singles matches should never happen and RVD looked even worse.

It's been a while since they've had such a strong central story that's resonated like this, and one that could potentially benefit a lot of guys on the roster. Don't fuck it up!

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

No, I'm just going by the one time they did do something with him and he excelled, showing he can indeed be interesting. Things were going well until Orton started whinging. Nobody in that midcard auto-booking club is interesting, but that's because little effort is made other than people having the same match. Ziggler was in that group too, they then tried to push him and he was exposed. Kofi has shown he can at least cut a babyface promo without sounding like a bell end.

I'm not sure I buy it. Being interesting for a few weeks years ago doesn't necessarily mean he can repeat the trick. I should say, I wasn't watching at that time. In the interim, he's had a million dull matches, his "high flying" is mainly just him prancing around a bit, and every promo I've seen him do (admittedly, there aren't many) has been SO dull. Ziggler's promos in the meantime have been way better (And considering they're not very good...yeah). With Ziggler as well, it's fucking unlucky to get a concussion just when they were going to maybe give him a bit of a push. The WHC spot seems doomed to mediocrity now, since Del Rio won it off big show, they haven't protected it all, and the build up to title matches has been utter wankery (endless non title matches vs #1 contender).

The Punk/Heyman stuff was good but would have been better without that spanner Axel. Somebody mentioned Bobby Roode, but I personally would loved to have seen Davey Boy Smith jr in this role

Fucking hell, if ever there was a case of comparing an apple to itself. DH Smith was exactly the same kind of boring, uncharismatic, got-a-job-because-of-who-his-dad-was shitehawk that Curtis Axel is.

This aint gonna fly with everyone.... but Cesaro would have been a decent shout for the next Heyman guy.

Cesaro vs Punk would have been OK for right now. I'd prefer that a bit more to Punk/Axel that we're getting and anyone else could have been a "Real American".

Plus he's got that indyrific streak that marks him out as a candidate for former ECDub boss, and he aint suffering from these slurs against Axel and Smith.

Who else might have been a better shout? Big E as the big heel before having enough of Heyman for his face turn maybe? Might risk being exposed or something... so maybe not.

AJ was the star of the night. I guessing it was somebody in the back getting some stuff off their chest and it'll probably lead to nothing but a bit of me cheered inside for that promo. It was quite comical the way that the Bella's and the red head girl were shrieking and flapping about and having no fucking clue of how wrestling characters are supposed to act and react, proving AJ's point while she was still making it.

'Say it to our face!' - Yeah, she kinda was love.

Inevitably this promo led to all kind of cattiness on Twitter, according to the crap 'newz' sites anyway.....

The Bellas posted this - 'AJ remember you would be nothing if WWE didn't partner you up with every top guy. Try being a diva that makes it on your own. #RAW"

to which former WWE Diva Maria (who, as we all know, LOVES those Bella Twins) posted this - "@nicoleandbri really on your own? You 2 are the 'fluffers' of the locker room. And you held back 3 other girls from getting contracts. learn a little bit about professionalism. The universe will take care of you. God Bless."

to which jolly old Mick Foley posted this -

First, before I speak up for the Bellas, how about I acknowledge that AJ Lee delivered one of the finest promos

Butch pegged Ziggler's downfall a good 18 months ago. He was on the ball with that one.

Same here, though I did say they should build a big face turn for him if they were to have any chance of success with him. They made a fuck up of the face turn though in my books.

This is the first time I've enjoyed HHH since . . 1996?

Really?

Somebody mentioned Bobby Roode, but I personally would loved to have seen Davey Boy Smith jr in this role, he'd of been great here bragging and shit talking.

Really?

RVD looked even worse.

Cosmetically or match wise? He's not the slickest of wrestlers, but I think he's had a great return so far.

Curtis Axel sounded pretty silly in his backstage bit with Heyman I thought. I think it might just be his voice as well as being a bad actor. He said about how even if Punk were to be counted out or disqualified, it would still be a loss and Heyman would be safe. Then in the match, Axel rolled to the outside, Punk followed, Axel attacked him and threw him back in the ring when he should have been capitalising on trying to be the coward and get Punk counted out. I think Punk might have realised that too. When he was being thrown to the ring, he was struggling on rolling in. I liked how Punk was going for the pins and GTS quickly to get his hands on Heyman.

Edited by Sphinx

Curtis Axel sounded pretty silly in his backstage bit with Heyman I thought. I think it might just be his voice as well as being a bad actor. He said about how even if Punk were to be counted out or disqualified, it would still be a loss and Heyman would be safe.

What made the backstage bit worse was the fact that the result of the poll on the WWE app hadn't actually been revealed yet, even though it was obvious that everyone was going to vote for Punk getting his hands on Heyman.

That was probably the Miz's best ever performance as a face. I didn't think there was anything they could do to make me like him, but they put him in shiney colourful tights and didnt let him talk, and it all just clicked. Heartbreaking that by the end of the episode they reverted back to a stupid "hater" themed tshirt and showed a close up of his face. I know he will be back to normal next week, but I want shiney Miz to go down in history as someone who could have been a huge star.